The Student Room Group

TOASTIE's toil for 8s!

Scroll to see replies

bloody hell, that's a lot of notes! and you've had a busy weekend :biggrin: don't stress about mock results too much, i'm sure you've done great :smile:
Original post by Toastiekid
le week-end
oh it's been a weekend of fun and French...:tongue:

SATURDAY
had a lovely lie-in then prepared some French speaking key phrases and answers (AGH IT'S ON THURSDAY R.I.P)
after lunch I went to my guitar lesson, we did 'I'm America' by 'Cilver'
then I went to my brother's birthday party which was hell:angry:
I mean the kids were adorable but the people running the party hadn't really planned it very well:s-smilie:
but I did get some brownie:biggrin:
in the evening I began watching Riverdale and I watched the Voice:redface:

SUNDAY
woke up at a similar time to Saturday wooo
in the morning I finished the French questions etc that I didn't do yesterday
in the afternoon I helped my brother build a lego truck which was fun:tongue:
I also made a timeline of the events in the Cold War (POSTED A PHOTO BELOW)
then I practised guitar woo
now I should probably practise piano:colondollar: and I need to learn Mandarin vocab (because yay mini test on Tuesday) but I might leave it for tomorrow:redface:
I think I'm going to put a face mask on instead:biggrin:; clear skin> piano practise:colonhash:

TOMORROW aka Monday
I have assembly, double physics, double maths and double English.
And it'll be one week till mock results day:frown:
after school (i think...) I'm teaching piano and I'll most likely have homework ew ew ew
that's all for todayyyyy
TOASTIEKID
07/01/18
wooo I got the date right:biggrin:

BOOK NEWS:

Spoiler

let me know if you want to be added/removed to/from the tag list:koala:
THE COOL KIDS:

Spoiler

Looks like you had a good weekend :tongue: good luck with your various tests and exam results!
Original post by entertainmyfaith
bloody hell, that's a lot of notes! and you've had a busy weekend :biggrin: don't stress about mock results too much, i'm sure you've done great :smile:

aha it was homework:tongue:
Ugh I just want to get them back now...it’s been over a month since we sat them:s-smilie: how am I gonna deal with waiting for GCSE results?!:biggrin:
Hope you had a good weekend:redface:
I swear people who can read more than one book at once are actually superhumans:biggrin: I had this grand plan at the beginning of year 11 to have both a classic and a 'fun' book on the go at once and, yeah, it didn't work out:colondollar:
Your notes are looking sick, mate:wink:
Original post by mundosinfin
Looks like you had a good weekend :tongue: good luck with your various tests and exam results!

wooo yay french speaking:biggrin:
Original post by troubletracking
I swear people who can read more than one book at once are actually superhumans:biggrin: I had this grand plan at the beginning of year 11 to have both a classic and a 'fun' book on the go at once and, yeah, it didn't work out:colondollar:
Your notes are looking sick, mate:wink:

*turns red*
uh yeah I’ve totally been uh managing to read two book, I haven’t just completely rejected one:tongue:
aha thank you, I was like this week imma try really hard with my homework because first week back and all:biggrin:
CFF06134-EAD3-4E64-91A1-88B444BFD311.jpg

here’s my history homework instead
because tbh it looks a lot better than the timeline does:biggrin:

It looks amazing! Love your handwriting xxxx
Original post by FloralPrints
It looks amazing! Love your handwriting xxxx

awww thanks:love:
Monday no-funday
ugh today’s not been so great...I mean, it’s a Monday :/
and I ran for the bus today which was more exercise than I’d anticipated on my Monday morning:frown:

ASSEMBLY
we had the head teacher doing our assembly about the recent school council meeting.
I’d say the only exciting thing is we’re getting new chairs in science?!
(Context: our chairs got changed last year to some really bad ones and everyone hates them as they really hurt your back!)
PHYSICS
‘twas relatively good, we did ultrasound and sonar and echolocation...echolocation is so cool :wink:

MATHS
I just worked through my own stuff in the gcse textbook/add maths textbook which was boring...everyone else was doing quadratic simultaneous equations which I’m fine with.

ENGLISH
well apparently we didn’t do so well in language paper 2- oops. Our teacher is not happy. It’s one week till we get all our results back though so I’ve got time to mentally prep myself for him getting very mad!
In the lesson we practised language paper 2 q4 which was “a weak point in the mocks”

AFTER SCHOOL
I taught piano (ugh the kids never freaking listen...I think i suck as a teacher) then I did my physics homework... I still have maths homework to do but I’ve got a headache so I think I’ll leave it to tomorrow.
I attempted to learn my 60 mandarin characters (that I was supposed to learn over Christmas) and woah they’re impossible! However when it comes to mandarin I’m a true expert at cramming just before so I should be ok tomorrow!

TOMORROW
lesson-wise I have:
Chemistry
Chemistry
Mandarin
History
Music
Music

so it should be a kinda okay day?! And I have add maths before school (and they’ve decided they’re not gonna teach much of it lesson so I actually need to go!) which means I’ll spend most of the day sorta dozing sorta awake...
I ought to go to some intervention after school (I only go to one, most people go to way more!) but I just feel so exhausted. I don’t think it’ll really help.

I think that’s all for today...imma listen to some french music now #examrevisionwoo
TOASTIEKID
08/01/18
will format later and tag, I promiseeee
BOOK NEWS:

Spoiler

let me know if you want to be added/removed to/from the tag list:koala:
THE COOL KIDS:

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
you do additional maths?! how is it?
Reply 390
x

School chairs are actually the worst. We have to sit our exams in the *****est chairs, where leaning back is a gamble as to whether you'll fall off and break the chair.
Hey, it’s at the point of the year that school seems to fly by and it’s already Easter before you know it. If you’re staying or leaving your school for sixth form, just wanna say do your best to enjoy the presence of your friends and the whole year group. I knew I was going to leave after yr 11 so I made the most of the rest of the year; even if you’re not leaving it’s just that a considerable amount of people (well for my year anyway) won’t stay on for yr 12 and tbh some are still leaving now at this point. So enjoy the yr 11 experience as weird as it sounds and remember to keep everything in perspective :smile: you’ve prob done so well in your mocks so good luck for your results.
Original post by entertainmyfaith
you do additional maths?! how is it?

yeah woo:biggrin:
I really like the content, it's really interesting but it's so irritating that we can't learn much of it in class:frown:
hey you're not a bad teacher! im sure you're amazing x
Original post by StayWoke
School chairs are actually the worst. We have to sit our exams in the *****est chairs, where leaning back is a gamble as to whether you'll fall off and break the chair.

they don't have anything supporting the back of the chair so when someone heavy sits on them they get bent backwards:s-smilie:
Someone in my classes has broken three chairs this year:colondollar:
Are you doing mocks now?:smile:
Reply 395
they don't have anything supporting the back of the chair so when someone heavy sits on them they get bent backwards:s-smilie:
Someone in my classes has broken three chairs this year:colondollar:
Are you doing mocks now?:smile:

I don't really have proper mocks. I'm gonna have a mock in physics though, end of January. I'm gonna be taking a full A level in maths, yet no mocks yet. I dunno but maybe I'll have one closer to the time.
Original post by maninblack00
Hey, it’s at the point of the year that school seems to fly by and it’s already Easter before you know it. If you’re staying or leaving your school for sixth form, just wanna say do your best to enjoy the presence of your friends and the whole year group. I knew I was going to leave after yr 11 so I made the most of the rest of the year; even if you’re not leaving it’s just that a considerable amount of people (well for my year anyway) won’t stay on for yr 12 and tbh some are still leaving now at this point. So enjoy the yr 11 experience as weird as it sounds and remember to keep everything in perspective :smile: you’ve prob done so well in your mocks so good luck for your results.

aha thanks I think I'll definitely enjoy parts of this term- we've got a music festival and dofe:tongue:
I'm not feeling too nervous about leaving my friends but I think they'll stay on and I might not:s-smilie:
and tbh I've sorta stopped caring about these mock results; they were so long ago, I didn't really try hard enough and the grades aren't really going to be that accurate:redface:
Original post by mez_merising
hey you're not a bad teacher! im sure you're amazing x

hmmmm...idk
I try my best and tbh a year ago neither of them could even play piano:wink:
long time no see though! How's it going Mez?:smile:
Original post by StayWoke
I don't really have proper mocks. I'm gonna have a mock in physics though, end of January. I'm gonna be taking a full A level in maths, yet no mocks yet. I dunno but maybe I'll have one closer to the time.

are you year 13 then? Or does your school do the thing where you do the a-level in one year?
how is a-level maths? I r e a l l y want to take it:biggrin:
good luck for the physics woo
Reply 399
are you year 13 then? Or does your school do the thing where you do the a-level in one year?
how is a-level maths? I r e a l l y want to take it:biggrin:
good luck for the physics woo

year 12. We do all of a level maths in year 12, all of a level further maths year 13. As opposed to half of each in year 12.

I'm sure grades won't stop you taking A Level Maths. Especially if the grade boundaries stay like they are.

A Level Maths is pretty alright. I think chill is the best way to describe jt. The concepts don't build up too quickly, so as long as you keep up, I'm sure you'll do fine. It can get a bit monotonous (obviously depending on the teacher / how it's taught),, but overall it's interesting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending