The Student Room Group

TOASTIE's toil for 8s!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Toastiekid
I used to love English but I've gone off it since GCSEs began, maybe because we just read the same books over and over and over and over again. I'm doing Macbeth as well (woo-not) which I completely lost my confidence over in December last year (I got a 4 in my end of term test) which kinda made me despise Macbeth (though I did- after tonnes of work- make up for it in my End of year) it's a bit boring though. just a little bit. I'm also doing Frankenstein (which I like!) and Pigeon English (which is the sweetest book ever!) I'm so glad I'm not doing a Christmas carol (no offence)
Which books do you like reading (for pleasure)?
For me: Harry Potter, Cassandra clare, Tom Hoyle- actually there are too many!
I've also been reading some books for history (wider reading yay) like alone in Berlin, Primo Levi's books, Anne Frank and a really good fiction book called the runner.

I do An Inspector Calls as well, which is by far my favourite text, and your texts look so cool- I'd love to do Frankenstein or Pigeon English (just googled the synopsis and i'm really intrigued). Well done for clawing it back in English, though! That takes perseverance and motivation and it can't have been easy.
Omg- I agree with you so much on Harry Potter, Cassandra Clare and Tom Hoyle (wasn't much a fan of his latest book, though). I'm currently reading Champion by Marie Lu which is pretty good, and my favourite series is probably either the Chaos Walking series by Patrick Ness or the Gone series by Michael Grant.
I'm so impressed by your wider reading for history, it's something I really need to get round to doing. I think I'm going to try and read Animal Farm or Anne Frank (maybe even The Book Thief idk) because the history course I want to apply to is very Soviet Union/ WW2 based. I also want to get round to reading some classics for English Literature like The Great Gatsby or Fahrenheit 451 or something, but i find it so difficult to read classics and I'd just rather read YA.
Original post by laurawatt
Same, I used to love reading books but A Christmas carol is so mind numbingly boring.

Yay Harry Potter and the shadow hunter series ! I read the whole series over the summer and I loved them - I always imagine Isabelle as having blond hair though and I don't know why :lol:

And thank you for your post above and answering my questions!:biggrin:

Haha no problem💕 I absolutely adore the shadow hunters series- I was lucky enough to get tickets to one of her fan meet ups a year or so ago and she’s so awesome in person. I got starstruck though when I was getting my books signed 😂
I’ve always loved Harry Potter, what did you think of the cursed child? I quite liked it though as it’s a play it moves differently to a novel (like it feels different to the other books if you know what I mean😁) but I think that was the point!
Original post by troubletracking
I do An Inspector Calls as well, which is by far my favourite text, and your texts look so cool- I'd love to do Frankenstein or Pigeon English (just googled the synopsis and i'm really intrigued). Well done for clawing it back in English, though! That takes perseverance and motivation and it can't have been easy.
Omg- I agree with you so much on Harry Potter, Cassandra Clare and Tom Hoyle (wasn't much a fan of his latest book, though). I'm currently reading Champion by Marie Lu which is pretty good, and my favourite series is probably either the Chaos Walking series by Patrick Ness or the Gone series by Michael Grant.
I'm so impressed by your wider reading for history, it's something I really need to get round to doing. I think I'm going to try and read Animal Farm or Anne Frank (maybe even The Book Thief idk) because the history course I want to apply to is very Soviet Union/ WW2 based. I also want to get round to reading some classics for English Literature like The Great Gatsby or Fahrenheit 451 or something, but i find it so difficult to read classics and I'd just rather read YA.

Woah! Can’t believe I’ve found someone else who’s read Tom Hoyle- I've made a few of my friends read his books. I really liked champion, let me know what you think of the sequels (pretty sure it’s a trilogy)
The Gone series is awesome. It terrifies me cause I have absolutely no clue what I’d do in the situation they got stuck in! And chaos walking took me a while to get into but when I did I found it so interesting, there were so many twists and turns.
I did my wider reading over the summer for history and I attempted to read some for English lit as well. I read the handmaids tale, I let you go and1984 and tbh the only one I understood was 1984! I know what you mean about just wanting to read YA, I’ve been trying to read Dracula as wider reading for Frankenstein and I keep getting distracted by other books! Tell me if you read any more good books!
Haha no problem💕 I absolutely adore the shadow hunters series- I was lucky enough to get tickets to one of her fan meet ups a year or so ago and she’s so awesome in person. I got starstruck though when I was getting my books signed 😂
I’ve always loved Harry Potter, what did you think of the cursed child? I quite liked it though as it’s a play it moves differently to a novel (like it feels different to the other books if you know what I mean😁) but I think that was the point!

You've met her? :eek: have you watched the TV series of it - apparently it's not very good :smile:
I've only read the play, not watched it, but I found it quite weird and not that enjoyable. (Partly because it was written as a script) but the storyline didn't always connnect and I found the Voldemort/Bellatrix thing a bit creepy tbh
My friend watched the play the other week and she loved it!
What other book series do you like? I normally just read individual books but I like the Noughts and Crosses series by Malorie Blackman
Original post by laurawatt
You've met her? :eek: have you watched the TV series of it - apparently it's not very good :smile:
I've only read the play, not watched it, but I found it quite weird and not that enjoyable. (Partly because it was written as a script) but the storyline didn't always connnect and I found the Voldemort/Bellatrix thing a bit creepy tbh
My friend watched the play the other week and she loved it!
What other book series do you like? I normally just read individual books but I like the Noughts and Crosses series by Malorie Blackman

Yeah I met her which was amazing! I haven’t watched the Netflix series (yet) but I have met Dominic Sherwood (jace) as well!
That’s great your friend liked the play, I’m seeing it in July ‘18 and I can’t wait!
I read a lot, I really like the book thief, the twilight saga😁 (books beat films though), Malorie Blackman’s chasing the stars, John green just generally, Phillip Pullman, Micheal grant THERE ARE TOO MANY BOOKS I LIKE SORRY!!!
THE FINAL EVE
It’s the last night before school starts again 😬I really don’t want to sit exams tomorrow!
Today I used my extra hour wisely and ended up doing a lot of work (shock I know)
I did Frankenstein notes (watched like 700,000 Mr Bruff videos)
129864F3-319C-43C6-9A7A-3229CF73B260.jpg
I also did my physics homework- learnt about absolute zero ( 0K) which was pretty interesting.
I did some (not many tho) Macbeth notes, I did a timeline of how Macbeth changes as a character including quotes.
This evening I plan to pop a face mask on, make a cup of tea and watch the final episode of (the original) Gilmore girls! Then I’ll probably read a bit more of Dracula or Alone in Berlin but definitely no more work tonight!
Tomorrow I’ve got an early start😩and whilst eating breakfast I’ll double check I remember all the formulae! If I have time I’ll do some maths practise questions before school (either at home or in the library) then I’ll be in the exam!
Hope you’ve all had nice weekend!
TOASTIEKID
29/10/17
Your handwriting is so cute! :cute: Loving your blog so far, good luck surviving the next half term hahaha
Original post by pinegrove
Your handwriting is so cute! :cute: Loving your blog so far, good luck surviving the next half term hahaha

Thanks, I’ve always thought my handwriting was pretty messy but then that’s my ‘neat notes’ handwriting, my fast exam writing is barely legible 😂
And I will definitely need all the luck in the world to make it through this half term😆thank you!
THE AFTERMATH
Oh dear:frown: not been such a great day so far.
I kinda screwed up the exams.
All I can think about is how there's no way I'll get a 9 in maths on this exam, I'm only confident I got around half the marks:getmecoat:(40/80) and I need 63+ on all three papers! I have one month till paper 3. Hopefully I'll do better in that one but to get a nine...I'd need 70+!:plz2: ugh exams are the worst.
English went slightly better, I had a much needed hour between the exams to revise which definitely helped:lol:
The Macbeth question was on surprise surprise the theme of ambition and the Frankenstein one was on the theme of science- both were pretty general.
Macbeth I answered first, my answer wasn't the best I've ever written but...hopefully it's more than a 6. Also if I mess up English it'll be good as I'll be on the list for booster sessions (which I need but they're currently only doing them for people who aren't passing)
Frankenstein was much better, I talked about Galvanism (context), darkness and some other stuff. I wrote one paragraph which I was really proud of, the rest weren't so great but they were definitely a lot better than Macbeth!
Anyway we got to go home when our exams had finished (1pm):jive: so I made myself some beautiful, wonderful pasta

Spoiler

Tonight I am teaching piano (so I can potentially pay my way to China) for an hour then I'll probably start learning my Mandarin controlled assessment. I'm probably not going to do that much work as I just want the evening off:turtle: (not sure why a tortoise was needed:biggrin:)
Tomorrow I'm in school for 9.55am where I'll be doing four hours of French:france:
Anyone else have a great/not great day?!
TOASTIEKID
30/10/17
One day till Halloween!
THE AFTERMATH
Oh dear:frown: not been such a great day so far.
I kinda screwed up the exams.
All I can think about is how there's no way I'll get a 9 in maths on this exam, I'm only confident I got around half the marks:getmecoat:(40/80) and I need 63+ on all three papers! I have one month till paper 3. Hopefully I'll do better in that one but to get a nine...I'd need 70+!:plz2: ugh exams are the worst.
English went slightly better, I had a much needed hour between the exams to revise which definitely helped:lol:
The Macbeth question was on surprise surprise the theme of ambition and the Frankenstein one was on the theme of science- both were pretty general.
Macbeth I answered first, my answer wasn't the best I've ever written but...hopefully it's more than a 6. Also if I mess up English it'll be good as I'll be on the list for booster sessions (which I need but they're currently only doing them for people who aren't passing)
Frankenstein was much better, I talked about Galvanism (context), darkness and some other stuff. I wrote one paragraph which I was really proud of, the rest weren't so great but they were definitely a lot better than Macbeth!
Anyway we got to go home when our exams had finished (1pm):jive: so I made myself some beautiful, wonderful pasta

Spoiler

Tonight I am teaching piano (so I can potentially pay my way to China) for an hour then I'll probably start learning my Mandarin controlled assessment. I'm probably not going to do that much work as I just want the evening off:turtle: (not sure why a tortoise was needed:biggrin:)
Tomorrow I'm in school for 9.55am where I'll be doing four hours of French:france:
Anyone else have a great/not great day?!
TOASTIEKID
30/10/17
One day till Halloween!

Aw, I relate about post exam stress. Sometimes I feel it's worse than before the exam because now there's nothing you can do. Sorry, not helping.
But do try not to stress after exams. Honestly, you can never accurately predict the outcome of an exam- some of my best results have come from exams that I thought went the worst. Going by the grades you're aiming for/ working at, I'm sure you've done more than fine, and at least you've got another one to try and claw it back. And, hey, if you do somehow miss out on that 9, there's your motivation to get it at the next opportunity. I know it 's hard, but try to relax. At the end of the day, at least they were mocks!:redface:

Also, your school offers Mandarin? That's so cool and exotic! Or are you taking it out of school? I've haven't heard of many people GCSE Mandarin- I'm so intrigued!:tongue:
Aw, I relate about post exam stress. Sometimes I feel it's worse than before the exam because now there's nothing you can do. Sorry, not helping.
But do try not to stress after exams. Honestly, you can never accurately predict the outcome of an exam- some of my best results have come from exams that I thought went the worst. Going by the grades you're aiming for/ working at, I'm sure you've done more than fine, and at least you've got another one to try and claw it back. And, hey, if you do somehow miss out on that 9, there's your motivation to get it at the next opportunity. I know it 's hard, but try to relax. At the end of the day, at least they were mocks!:redface:

Also, your school offers Mandarin? That's so cool and exotic! Or are you taking it out of school? I've haven't heard of many people GCSE Mandarin- I'm so intrigued!:tongue:

Thank you, that was really reassuring and I agree that sometimes it’s worse after the exam but I know that for this exam I probably couldn’t have done any more work for it (or I would’ve turned into an emotionless, friendless robot which is definitely not my aim)
I’m in my schools second year of gcse mandarin, I wouldn’t describe it as exotic 😂 but it’s really interesting and I really enjoy it! Over the three years I’ve been learning though I’ve had a lot of teachers (they all kept leaving for private schools) but we finally have a stable teacher who’s lovely (and a good teacher) I might do it as a Pre-U (A-level equivalent) buttttttttt then I’d have to stay at my current school for another two years which I’m not sure I particularly want to! Which language(s) do you do? Are you in my schools majority doing Spanish/French or a minority like Latin? (Or don’t take a Language 😆?)
Thank you, that was really reassuring and I agree that sometimes it’s worse after the exam but I know that for this exam I probably couldn’t have done any more work for it (or I would’ve turned into an emotionless, friendless robot which is definitely not my aim)
I’m in my schools second year of gcse mandarin, I wouldn’t describe it as exotic 😂 but it’s really interesting and I really enjoy it! Over the three years I’ve been learning though I’ve had a lot of teachers (they all kept leaving for private schools) but we finally have a stable teacher who’s lovely (and a good teacher) I might do it as a Pre-U (A-level equivalent) buttttttttt then I’d have to stay at my current school for another two years which I’m not sure I particularly want to! Which language(s) do you do? Are you in my schools majority doing Spanish/French or a minority like Latin? (Or don’t take a Language 😆?)

Haha, it's definitely a lot more exotic than the classic state school French, German and Spanish (I got put on French in Year 7 which I'm very happy about). Omg, I totally get you with the teacher situation- last year I had seven different French teachers but, thankfully, like you, we've finally got a good teacher. What is it with language teachers suddenly leaving?:biggrin:
I've got to admit, I didn't even know what a Pre-U was until you mentioned it, and, woah, that sounds amazing! If you're passionate about the subject, you should go for it! But I get you about having to stay at school, I'm pretty sure I don't want to go stay at my school's sixth form, too. Argh, the struggles of being a Year 11:angry::tongue:
Haha, it's definitely a lot more exotic than the classic state school French, German and Spanish (I got put on French in Year 7 which I'm very happy about). Omg, I totally get you with the teacher situation- last year I had seven different French teachers but, thankfully, like you, we've finally got a good teacher. What is it with language teachers suddenly leaving?:biggrin:
I've got to admit, I didn't even know what a Pre-U was until you mentioned it, and, woah, that sounds amazing! If you're passionate about the subject, you should go for it! But I get you about having to stay at school, I'm pretty sure I don't want to go stay at my school's sixth form, too. Argh, the struggles of being a Year 11:angry::tongue:

Did you not get to choose your language? At my #classic state school (for my year) everyone did French in 7,8 &9 and in year 8 everyone picked up Spanish or Chinese. Then in year 10 everyone picked whatever for GCSE 😂 I get you with sixth forms, I’m finding it impossible to decide firstly the subjects then the school or college I want to go to! Which subjects are you thinking of doing?
Did you not get to choose your language? At my #classic state school (for my year) everyone did French in 7,8 &9 and in year 8 everyone picked up Spanish or Chinese. Then in year 10 everyone picked whatever for GCSE 😂 I get you with sixth forms, I’m finding it impossible to decide firstly the subjects then the school or college I want to go to! Which subjects are you thinking of doing?

No, we just got randomly assigned one (a lot of my German friends when off on one aha), but the year 7s can pick now. Kids these days; we didn't have any of that back in 2013!:tongue:
I'm no better with A levels either seeing as my options change every other week. At the moment I'm thinking Biology, History and English Literature, though i'm currently tossing up the idea of doing English Language as a fourth option. It probably won't be a very good idea and I'd probably just take three anyway, but I honestly want to take all my subjects on apart from physics and maths. Anyone up for doing 7 a levels with me?:biggrin:
Do you have any idea what a levels you want to take? (I'm guessing maths, right?:tongue:) Or what you want to do in the future? Cos I've got no idea as per lmao
SIXTH FORMS
what to do????
I’m currently in the process of applying to four different sixth forms, I’ll outline each one below and which courses I’m applying for (though they will probably change!)

1. Staying at my current school
CURRENTLY APPLYING
Um ew I mean I like it here but not that much, it’s a mixed state comprehensive school (outstanding) with good progress, 1/3 grades A*s etc 😂
Did I mention the part where I’d get to go on a trip to China?!
I’ll be applying to do: Mandarin, maths, further maths and biology or chemistry or french or physics

2. Local sixth form college
OFFERED A PLACE
Awaiting my interview. It’s quite a long commute (45mins) it is (outstanding) and mixed but it’s HUGE (1200ppl!) really good extra curricular but not so great grades as they don’t chase you up if you don’t do the work!
I’ve got a place to do: history, French, maths with biology and further maths for back up!

3. Local all girls grammar
APPLICATION ACKNOWLEDGED
outstanding place with amazing results! Not that much in the way of extra curricular but it’s 10min Walk to school!
I’ve applied for: Maths, further maths, French, biology and chemistry (yes you do 4/5 in AS year!)

4. King’s college maths school
APPLIED
Selective mixed sixth form for people who like maths. Looks interesting, cool extra curricular (like coding robots) and I’d get to go to London every day! Roughly 45-60min commute by bus/train.
I will (if I like it) apply to do: Maths, Further maths, physics and economics/computer science (everyone studies maths, FM and physics with one of the other two, I haven’t decided yet which one)
TOASTIEKID
30/10/17
(edited 6 years ago)
QUOTE=Toastiekid;74343730]SIXTH FORMS
what to do????
I’m currently in the process of applying to four different sixth forms, I’ll outline each one below and which courses I’m applying for (though they will probably change!)

CURRENTLY APPLYING
Um ew I mean I like it here but not that much, it’s a mixed state comprehensive school (outstanding) with good progress, 1/3 grades A*s etc 😂
I’ll be applying to do: Mandarin, maths, further maths and biology

OFFERED A PLACE
Awaiting my interview. It’s quite a long commute (45mins) it is (outstanding) and mixed but it’s HUGE (1200ppl!) good extra curricular but not so great grades as they don’t chase you up if you don’t do the work!
I’ve got a place to do: history, French, maths with biology and further maths for back up!

JUST SENT APPLICATION
outstanding place with amazing results! Not that much in the way of extra curricular but it’s 10min Walk to school!
I’ve applied for: Maths, further maths, French, biology and chemistry (yes you do 4/5 in AS year!)

NOT APPLIED
Selective mixed sixth form for people who like maths. Looks interesting, cool extra curricular (like coding robots) and I’d get to go to London every day! Roughly 45-60min commute by bus/train.
I will (if I like it) apply to do: Maths, Further maths, physics and economics/computer science (everyone studies maths, FM and physics with one of the other two, I haven’t decided yet which one)
TOASTIEKID
30/10/17

Ah, I see you're in quite the sticky situation. Props to being so proactive, though, I'm only applying to two sixth forms, so you've got the 'wow you really have your life together' points from me.
All the places you want to apply for look so good. all of the ones within a ten mile radius of me look like they need their own channel four documentary, ngl (educating Yorkshire pt 2 amirite)
I personally would probably lean towards the maths school (didn't even know they existed that must be where the smart people are bred) because maths/ f.maths is the only a level option you have which you want to do in them all, so i'm guessing it's your favourite or the one you want to do the best in. I'd see which college offers the best/ your favourite maths course/ facilities/ staff.
I guess then the next option would be to look at the other common subjects, which seem to be french/ biology, and see which ones offer the best/ your favourite courses and go from there..?
Have you looked up the course outlines on them all and compared them? This was a big factor in me choosing my first option- my school sixth form's history course didn't appeal to me at all, but the one at another college did. I'd imagine all the courses would be quite similar in maths, but for french they could be quite different.
then I guess you could look at what makes them different and see if you find it a positive or a negative. for example, for your local sixth form, the school is huge, so the classes will probably be about the same size they are now. My school sixth form boasts really small (like 3-15 students small) classes, while my first option college is also huge, so the classes will be quite big. For me, this is great because I'm not too keen on small classes because I'm a socially awkward bean so i like to blend in at the back. Again, with the second option, about the good extracurriculars- are you someone who does a lot and you'd benefit a lot from this, are are you someone who's not too involved? If you are, this might be a big incentive to go there.
I guess, at the end of the day, the only person that can decide for you is you, really. Maybe, deep down, you already know and you just don't like the answer I felt like this with my a levels when I had three different combinations, and I secretly knew which one I would take, though I didn't like it and I wished I wanted to take chemistry. I really don't know why I'm acting like I'm a sixth form guru when I'm currently procrastinating writing my personal statement, but hey ho, maybe this was borderline useful idek.

You probably have, but if you haven't heard of the saviour that is Eve Bennett, at around 4:50 she says something about moving schools for sixth form. Dunno if it's all that helpful to you but it's there:redface:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFNmmzIuoDw&t=1s[
QUOTE=Toastiekid;74343730]SIXTH FORMS
what to do????

CURRENTLY APPLYING
I’ll be applying to do: Mandarin, maths, further maths and biology

OFFERED A PLACE
Awaiting my interview. It’s quite a long commute (45mins) it is (outstanding) and mixed but it’s HUGE (1200ppl!) good extra curricular but not so great grades as they don’t chase you up if you don’t do the work!

JUST SENT APPLICATION

NOT APPLIED
TOASTIEKID
30/10/17

Ah, I see you're in quite the sticky situation. Props to being so proactive, though, I'm only applying to two sixth forms, so you've got the 'wow you really have your life together' points from me.
All the places you want to apply for look so good. all of the ones within a ten mile radius of me look like they need their own channel four documentary, ngl (educating Yorkshire pt 2 amirite)
I personally would probably lean towards the maths school (didn't even know they existed that must be where the smart people are bred) because maths/ f.maths is the only a level option you have which you want to do in them all, so i'm guessing it's your favourite or the one you want to do the best in. I'd see which college offers the best/ your favourite maths course/ facilities/ staff.
I guess then the next option would be to look at the other common subjects, which seem to be french/ biology, and see which ones offer the best/ your favourite courses and go from there..?
Have you looked up the course outlines on them all and compared them? This was a big factor in me choosing my first option- my school sixth form's history course didn't appeal to me at all, but the one at another college did. I'd imagine all the courses would be quite similar in maths, but for french they could be quite different.
then I guess you could look at what makes them different and see if you find it a positive or a negative. for example, for your local sixth form, the school is huge, so the classes will probably be about the same size they are now. My school sixth form boasts really small (like 3-15 students small) classes, while my first option college is also huge, so the classes will be quite big. For me, this is great because I'm not too keen on small classes because I'm a socially awkward bean so i like to blend in at the back. Again, with the second option, about the good extracurriculars- are you someone who does a lot and you'd benefit a lot from this, are are you someone who's not too involved? If you are, this might be a big incentive to go there.
I guess, at the end of the day, the only person that can decide for you is you, really. Maybe, deep down, you already know and you just don't like the answer I felt like this with my a levels when I had three different combinations, and I secretly knew which one I would take, though I didn't like it and I wished I wanted to take chemistry. I really don't know why I'm acting like I'm a sixth form guru when I'm currently procrastinating writing my personal statement, but hey ho, maybe this was borderline useful idek.

You probably have, but if you haven't heard of the saviour that is Eve Bennett, at around 4:50 she says something about moving schools for sixth form. Dunno if it's all that helpful to you but it's there:redface:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFNmmzIuoDw&t=1s[
Thanks for the advice oh mighty sixth form guru (seriously thanks, it's nice to have an opinion from an unbiased view!) I think I'm swaying towards either 3 or 4, mainly because I want a new environment and I'm way more confident in smaller groups. Also yup I checked out the course overviews (it's mainly why I'm only doing history at 2) which was pretty scary- way too many unknown words (imaginary numbers...logarithms!) But then again it'll be nice to learn something new for once. And ugh I've got to write some long personal statement to stay at my school which I've been procrastinating for months now. Tempted to just not apply...but my school sorta make us apply. You're lucky btw, my school make everyone apply to three or more sixth forms.
n
Thanks for the advice oh mighty sixth form guru (seriously thanks, it's nice to have an opinion from an unbiased view!) I think I'm swaying towards either 3 or 4, mainly because I want a new environment and I'm way more confident in smaller groups. Also yup I checked out the course overviews (it's mainly why I'm only doing history at 2) which was pretty scary- way too many unknown words (imaginary numbers...logarithms!) But then again it'll be nice to learn something new for once. And ugh I've got to write some long personal statement to stay at my school which I've been procrastinating for months now. Tempted to just not apply...but my school sorta make us apply. You're lucky btw, my school make everyone apply to three or more sixth forms.

Haha, glad I could help:wink: Yeah, three or four look like they could lead to great opportunities; wishing you the best with applying/ getting in, though I'm sure you will with a work ethic that shows in your grades
The thought of having three to six different interviews though makes my stomach churn. Ah, the perks of going to a school where they really don't care what you get up to unless you're not wearing your blazer while doing it so they don't get into trouble:u:
Lmao, this personal statement looks like it'll be finished the night before it's due, but I've lived with myself for so long I'm not even surprised anymore.
HALLOWEEN
Woahhhhhhhh omg I just hit the advanced button on the side of the bit at the top and woah I can change the colour! I genuinely feel like the biggest idiot how on Earth did I not realise this before? like I always wondered how other people got their posts so pretty now I know!
That was mind blowing.:eek:
So I was back at school today for another day of not school. We started at 9.55am which did I mention was a blessing? Trust me, it was much needed!
Pre-lunchtime I had French (which I was supposed to have all day...) where we did speaking practise which I need, LOTS OF PRACTISE IS NEEDED! It was on the identity and culture module/theme thing and wasn't too tricky, we did the roleplay which was fine (though I need to practise forming questions) and then the picture based discussion. Apparently in the exam the picture is in black and white! not colour like in all the example ones by EDEXCEL. Which is annoying: colour is the easiest thing to describe by a mile! Then we had a short 10min break where we roamed around the school. It was really weird as everywhere was empty (only year 11 and teachers were in school today) but very tranquil compared to a normal day:^_^:
After the break we did some extended writing, I wrote a piece for a magazine about holidays but I didn't finish it as soon it was lunch (YAY:w00t:)
When lunch was over, my French teacher had organised for me and some friends to do speaking practise with the mandarin teacher (and the training dude)
I ended up sat with the training dude for the good part of an hour going through the whole of my speaking, it shouldn't have taken ages but I hadn't brought my annotated copy with me so I only had the characters not the pinyin (like a pronunciation guide for idiots like me). It was awkward as I'd written some pretty stupid stuff like "next year I'll go to KFC every day to buy chicken and chips because I think it is extremely tasty" and my mandarin teacher (when marking it) made it worse "next year I'm going to go to KFC every day to buy chicken and chips because it has lots of oil" (that's a direct translation, you would probably say greasy. SO CRINGING AT MYSELF)
anyway now there are some devilish kids wanting sweets so I better answer the door!
TOASTIEKID
31/10/17
(edited 6 years ago)
FORGOT!
Forgot to mention my plan for this evening and what's going on tomorrow (those darn kids distracting me)
Anyway, tonight I honestly plan to:
-> pop my onzie on (it's freezing)
-> learn 2nd half of presentation for mandarin
-> practise trig equations for Add maths
-> watch the bake off final :biggrin: (can't wait, been avoiding spoilers like the plague...thanks Prue)
-> eat my body weight in Halloween candy (oh wait...was I supposed to admit that)
-> end my evening with some lighthearted reading- Dracula! (I am getting really into it now, according to my ereader I have 1 hour left!)
So my Halloween night looks pretty spooky (NOT) but most my spooky celebration was done on the weekend:colondollar:

Quick Reply