Is it possible to be a right-wing TSR community assistant?

Watch
aManHas
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
just wondering
Basiil17
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by aManHas)
just wondering
I think all the CA team involved in the MHoC ( our model parliament on here) are in parties on the right.
Spoiler:
Show

Obviously, this is my own viewpoint

aManHas
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
The fundamental differences between left-wing and right-wing ideologies center around the the rights of individuals vs. the power of the government. Left-wing beliefs are liberal in that they believe society is best served with an expanded role for the government. People on the right believe that the best outcome for society is achieved when individual rights and civil liberties are paramount and the role — and especially the power — of the government is minimized.
Examples of an expanded role for the government include entitlement programs such as social security and Medicare, Medicaid, universal healthcare, food stamps, free public education, unemployment benefits, strong environmental laws, and other regulations on industries. Right wing ideology would favor market-based solutions to the issues that these government programs aim to tackle. For example, encouraging a freer marketplace for healthcare, driven by consumer choice to drive down costs. Or privately held retirement accounts like 401(k) plans instead of government-guaranteed Social Security.

04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by aManHas)
just wondering
Naturally, this is of course possible. Political persuasion is not in the criteria outlined for those wishing to become a Community Assistant. In fact, I'm pretty certain, that for any voluntary role or job which has nothing to do with politics (obviously, a job within a political party is different) it is against the law to select candidates based on their political preferences.
crosssafley
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Right wing opinions are usually purged from this site by the open minded and tolerant moderators.
paulbarlow
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
depends on how extreme. i hope your not talking about the far right. if you are then it should be a no.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (220)
43.65%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (57)
11.31%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.74%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.03%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.91%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.36%

Watched Threads