The Student Room Group

TSR Community Assisstanst

Are TSR CAs right-wing? I just saw it on another post and got REALLY confused.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It doesn't - I was more confused at to why the person would randomly bring it up in the context of the conversation.
Presumably they should be neutral and impartial?
Except if you are a community assistant you are on the way to being a moderator so should show impartiality. Surprised you cant see thats a basic requirement.
Original post by theGeek12

If you feel they arent stocking to the requirements of being a member of the CT or are confused then raise it with the section head or the mods in purple or red.

This is a slightly odd question given that I'm sure you're capable of realising that they're all unique human beings with unique political stances.
Reply 6
Original post by lewjen
This is a slightly odd question given that I'm sure you're capable of realising that they're all unique human beings with unique political stances.

That is my exact point. A person made a sweeping generalisation of a statement and I just wanted to clarify for myself. :smile:
Reply 7

Nope.
Reply 8

TSR CAs and the other staff all have different political beliefs and views. Personally, I'm a Centrist.
Probably more left-wing considering the demographic.
Original post by _gcx
Probably more left-wing considering the demographic.

I don't think we have a single leftist CA!(I'm a right-winger)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 999tigger
Except if you are a community assistant you are on the way to being a moderator so should show impartiality. Surprised you cant see thats a basic requirement.

Being neutral and impartial in moderation is different from openly holding a political affiliation. It's not like political discourse is unsuitable/conflicts with the purpose of this site as it may be on others. I would expect moderators on this site, and pretty much any other, not to act in matters where they have a vested interest, or are unable to be neutral in a matter, so I'd agree in that sense.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
I don't think we have a single leftist CA!(I'm a right-winger)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I said "more left" not explicitly leftist :tongue:

I am :h: but our political views are of course heterogenous and should not be relevant (and as @squirrology said, they do not represent the views of The Student Room Group).
(edited 6 years ago)
Our views expressed on this website DOESN'T represent The Student Room Group as a whole.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by squirrology
Our views expressed on this website DOESN'T represent The Student Room Group as a whole, so I don't understand why you would assume otherwise..

didn't see them say that, but maybe I'm missing something
Original post by _gcx
Being neutral and impartial in moderation is different from openly holding a political affiliation. It's not like political discourse is unsuitable/conflicts with the purpose of this site as it may be on others. I would expect moderators on this site, and pretty much any other, not to act in matters where they have a vested interest, or are unable to be neutral in a matter, so I'd agree in that sense.

I agree. I would expect the CA o do the job required and not let their political affiliation influence them or even worse to abuse their position in favour of their personal views. That would be abuse of position. Without knowing the circumstances then it would be hard to tell whats happened.

TBF its only TSR so you can expect the odd slip now and again and people have it pointed out.
Original post by 999tigger
I agree. I would expect the CA o do the job required and not let their political affiliation influence them or even worse to abuse their position in favour of their personal views. That would be abuse of position. Without knowing the circumstances then it would be hard to tell whats happened.

TBF its only TSR so you can expect the odd slip now and again and people have it pointed out.

Well I would assume the individuals appointed are trustworthy enough not to abuse their position.
Original post by _gcx
Well I would assume the individuals appointed are trustworthy enough not to abuse their position.

It happens sometimes. I dont think you get extensive training. If it happened to me id have no hesitation raising it.
Reply 19
Original post by Sonechka
I am :h: but our political views are of course heterogenous and should not be relevant (and as @squirrology said, they do not represent the views of The Student Room Group).

Spoiler

I am glad that TSR had a diverse group of moderators.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending