The Student Room Group

Studying, Panics & Cats: buzzyambee's Journey Through Year 12

Scroll to see replies

Bonsoir!
Just read through all of this blog, aghhh i love all the animal pictures:heart:
Lambing sounds great:grin:
Good luck:hugs: and enjoy the rest of your break!
Original post by Toastiekid
Bonsoir!
Just read through all of this blog, aghhh i love all the animal pictures:heart:
Lambing sounds great:grin:
Good luck:hugs: and enjoy the rest of your break!

Thank you! I always think adding a few animal photos brightens things up!
Enjoy your break too:h:
17/04/2018: and so the countdown begins..

My easter holidays were highly enjoyable, despite me not managing to get a lot of revision done:colondollar:

Lambing has probably been my favourite placement so far - I got to work with some lovely people and I learnt so much and got probably the most hands on experience yet! The highlights were definitely delivering lambs myself and looking after the pet lambs (all which which were named by me), especially if they had been ill and recovered thanks to our help. :heart:

This did mean however that my revision got quite behind. I would often come home later than expected feeling too exhausted to anything except crawl into bed, though I did manage to get a fair bit done at the weekends.

Though now the pressure's really on, and my motivation is (thankfully) giving me a kick to work hard leading up to my AS exams in less than a month. Doing my lambing placement made me even more motivated (even if I was too tired after!) to work hard to get into vet school, I really can't see myself doing anything else:h:

I've also got my mock results back today:
Biology - A
Chemistry - B
Psychology - A
French - A

This gave me a confidence boost, especially since I hardly revised French and thought my Biology exam was awful. I was also just 4 marks away overall from an A in Chemistry, as I got a high A in my paper 2, which has also made me feel more confident that I can get an A in chem afterall!

Study-wise, today I had a full day of lessons so couldn't do any independent study in school. At home, I managed to do just over 2 hours of Chemistry revision: I worked through my mock papers (redoing calculations I got wrong and making flashcards for questions I lost marks in) and also did some OZ revision (finished my notes and flashcards). :smile:

That's all for now... good luck everyone for the countdown to exams!
Original post by buzzyambee
17/04/2018: and so the countdown begins..

My easter holidays were highly enjoyable, despite me not managing to get a lot of revision done:colondollar:

Lambing has probably been my favourite placement so far - I got to work with some lovely people and I learnt so much and got probably the most hands on experience yet! The highlights were definitely delivering lambs myself and looking after the pet lambs (all which which were named by me), especially if they had been ill and recovered thanks to our help. :heart:

This did mean however that my revision got quite behind. I would often come home later than expected feeling too exhausted to anything except crawl into bed, though I did manage to get a fair bit done at the weekends.

Though now the pressure's really on, and my motivation is (thankfully) giving me a kick to work hard leading up to my AS exams in less than a month. Doing my lambing placement made me even more motivated (even if I was too tired after!) to work hard to get into vet school, I really can't see myself doing anything else:h:

I've also got my mock results back today:
Biology - A
Chemistry - B
Psychology - A
French - A

This gave me a confidence boost, especially since I hardly revised French and thought my Biology exam was awful. I was also just 4 marks away overall from an A in Chemistry, as I got a high A in my paper 2, which has also made me feel more confident that I can get an A in chem afterall!

Study-wise, today I had a full day of lessons so couldn't do any independent study in school. At home, I managed to do just over 2 hours of Chemistry revision: I worked through my mock papers (redoing calculations I got wrong and making flashcards for questions I lost marks in) and also did some OZ revision (finished my notes and flashcards). :smile:

That's all for now... good luck everyone for the countdown to exams!

You're doing well so congrats!! I loved lambing too- I got absolutely no work done so I'm desperately trying to get loads of work done now 😂 Your mock results are so good...I didn't get any As in my mocks so I'm terrified now! AS exams in just over a month 😭
Original post by CupOfCaramel
You're doing well so congrats!! I loved lambing too- I got absolutely no work done so I'm desperately trying to get loads of work done now 😂 Your mock results are so good...I didn't get any As in my mocks so I'm terrified now! AS exams in just over a month 😭

Thank you! To be fair, i really didn’t get much done when I was lambing, so I’m crazily trying to get things done now😅 my first psychology exam is in 3 and a half weeks... why has this all come around so quickly???
Thank you! To be fair, i really didn’t get much done when I was lambing, so I’m crazily trying to get things done now😅 my first psychology exam is in 3 and a half weeks... why has this all come around so quickly???

Wow that's scary! I have no idea but year 12 has flew by!
18/05/2018: and so it begins...

I guess it's time for another long overdue update :colondollar:

So this week was the first week of study leave, and my first week of AS exams. I had two exams this week: Psychology papers 1 and 2. The first psychology exam (which was on social influence, memory and attachment) was pretty horrendous; I completely ran out of time and had to end up really rushing a 12 mark question (when I know I could have otherwise done a decent essay) and had to miss out a 3 mark question and leave another one half done - I was GUTTED. I came out of that exam feeling really demoralised as I was getting straight As in the subject all year and now this happens :frown:

Luckily, paper 2 (on approaches, biopsychology, psychopathology and research methods) was beautiful, so I really got lucky with one and feel like I might have done well in that paper. Whether it's enough to get an A overall, I don't know, but I highly doubt the first paper was anywhere near grade A standard.

Next week, I have two chemistry exams and one biology, then I have half term between then and my last biology paper and my two written french exams. So I'm planning on going over mock papers and memorising the key content, as well as looking after myself before the long week ahead this weekend. It's gonna be tough, but I honestly can't wait to get it all over with now so I can focus on personal statements, open days and passing my driving test :smile:

I also have a lot of nice things to look forward to for the summer; lots of concerts, music festivals, going on holiday, parties and plenty of animals to cuddle :h:

Good luck those of you who have exams at the moment - you got this! x
How have I not come across this GYG before?!? It's adorable!! :love:
Good luck with your exams!! :rave:
Yeah, summer is just 'round the corner!! :yep:
Original post by nyxnko_
How have I not come across this GYG before?!? It's adorable!! :love:
Good luck with your exams!! :rave:
Yeah, summer is just 'round the corner!! :yep:

Aw thank you! :cute:
Good luck with yours too!! I'll have to have a look at your GYG too :smile:
Aw thank you! :cute:
Good luck with yours too!! I'll have to have a look at your GYG too :smile:

:hugs:
Thank you!! :lovehug:
Ooooh I really like this! Hope the rest of your exams go well and that plenty of cuddly animals come your way! :loveduck:
Original post by Protostar
Ooooh I really like this! Hope the rest of your exams go well and that plenty of cuddly animals come your way! :loveduck:

Thank you! And best of luck for your a levels :hugs:
Thank you! And best of luck for your a levels :hugs:

Thank you :h:
30/05/2018: i jus wanna sleep

So the only exams I have left now is Biology paper 2 and the two French papers, and I am currently very undermotivated:colondollar:

I've done no revision so far this half term (yay). I was giving myself a break for the bank holiday weekend and was going to start again yesterday but I ended up seeing friends all day instead because I am a siLlY biLlY!!1!1!

I'm gonna try to get a bit done today though, so here's my very short list for the day:

Make a study plan for the rest of the week.

French revision: make a poster/mind map for the context of La Haine

Do my cat's fleas:colone:

A bit of a brief one today. But here' s a v floofy new fren I met after messing up my paper 2 chemistry:

IMG-1697.JPG
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending