JemmaW
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'd like to apply for compelling personal reasons to see if I'd have enough years for the course I want to do before applying for the course. Is this possible to do or will I only be told if Ive got it once I've applied to university and student finance?

Thanks.
Laura S SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi JemmaW,

You would only apply for Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR) if you have insufficient entitlement as it's not always required. We also need you to apply for the course you are looking to do first as we need to know what you are studying to calculate your entitlement and to award CPR against it, if it is accepted.

So that I can advise you of your entitlement could you please tell me what previous study you have had at higher education level, confirming whether it was from full time or part time study and if any qualification was gained? If you could also confirm the course you are looking to do, including course length, name of course, qualification expected and where you would be studying?

Thanks
JemmaW
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Laura S SFE)
Hi JemmaW,

You would only apply for Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR) if you have insufficient entitlement as it's not always required. We also need you to apply for the course you are looking to do first as we need to know what you are studying to calculate your entitlement and to award CPR against it, if it is accepted.

So that I can advise you of your entitlement could you please tell me what previous study you have had at higher education level, confirming whether it was from full time or part time study and if any qualification was gained? If you could also confirm the course you are looking to do, including course length, name of course, qualification expected and where you would be studying?

Thanks
Hello,

I used my gift year to study full time Sports Science which I left after gaining a certificate of higher education. I then went to study midwifery full time and left during my first year as I fell pregnant and had mental and physical health problems so was unable to complete exams meaning no qualification was gained. I am now looking to study full time BSc Midwifery at the University of Plymouth, a 3 year course.

Many thanks,

Jemma.
Shaun D SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JemmaW)
Hello,

I used my gift year to study full time Sports Science which I left after gaining a certificate of higher education. I then went to study midwifery full time and left during my first year as I fell pregnant and had mental and physical health problems so was unable to complete exams meaning no qualification was gained. I am now looking to study full time BSc Midwifery at the University of Plymouth, a 3 year course.

Many thanks,

Jemma.
Hi Jemma,

The funding calculation we would use is the length of your course + one additional year. Then we take away any previous study you've had.

So it will be 3+1=4 - 2 = 2 years of standard entitlement left which would be applied to years 2 and 3. You mentioned reasons for having to leave the midwifery course originally so if you can provide evidence of this we would also fund year 1 of your course as well.

Warm regards,

Shaun.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (353)
46.26%
No (81)
10.62%
I'm not old enough (329)
43.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise