Too old for advent calendars?

Watch this thread
Poll: Too old for advent calendars at age 19?
Yes (5)
7.94%
No (58)
92.06%
This discussion is closed.
asdasta
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Haha, quite a light-hearted thread. I mentioned to a housemate I had an advent calender and he laughed, so I said "what's wrong with 'em?" and he replied, "Nothing...when you're five". I'm 19 btw.

I love advent calendars, they get me very much in the mood for Christmas :p: >_>
cpj1987
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 14 years ago
Nah, you can never be too old for an advent calendar!

Last year, my first year of uni, I was about to buy one myself when my Auntie got me one. If she hadn't, I would've bought myself one, definitely.

This year, my Mum bought me one.

All of my flatmates have them too...but whilst I've got a Lindt one; one of my flatmates has HSM, and my friend's boyfriend has Dora the Explorer; so advent calendars, even the ones aimed at toddlers, are great for any age!
Alamothih
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
i cant say i go mad and make sure i have one, but if i pick one up its good.
im not like a kid though and every night (or morning depending on your custom) check the door and make sure i get the chocolate, often i end up with about 5 backed up when i get round to checking it. Im 19 also by the way. when i mentioned this thread to my flatmates the 4 girls went "OMG your flatmate needs a good slapping!"

yes they are into christmas..... a LOT..... im now known as scrooogy cos im not excited yet.,
kidintheriot
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
Never too old.
samlwilliams
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
They're the best! My mum got my brother one and he's 21 :p:

You're never too old.... i hope:confused:
Lucy_88
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
I have a disney princesses one and i'm 19
randomgirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
I'm 20, boyfriend is 24, and we both have one
Melancholy
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
I said yes, but I meant no.
Kater Murr
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
Never, ever, ever too old for advent calenders.

They have deep philosophical meaning.
Echolife
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
My mother always asks me if I want one and i say no it's ok.
But she always gets me one anyway, galaxy this year, and I'm very,very happy she does.
Kittennffc
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
You're never too old to have an Advent calendar! I have one every year and i'm 21!

They're actually quite an important tradition for Catholics, so they shouldn't really be laughed at. Even though the majority of them are now for the chocolate than for the counting down of the days of Advent, it's still nice to do in the run up to Christmas and to get everyone in a Christmassy mood!
paperclip
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
best time for an advent calander is after christmas, when they're reduced to about 10p each :yy:

19's too old to be paying full price for one :p:
asdasta
Rep:
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by paperclip)
best time for an advent calander is after christmas, when they're reduced to about 10p each :yy:

19's too old to be paying full price for one :p:
Hah, my mum bought me mine
Ronaldo VII
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
I'd still have one but my mum said last christmas that I was old enough to buy my own so didn't bother, same again this year
tinkerbellejess
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
I had my first advent calender to myself in my first year of uni, then after about a week I kept forgetting to eat the chocolates so ended up throwing them away after christmas! But it really helped to get me in the mood for christmas when I was away from my family.
Hana_87
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
Hell no!

I want one when i'm like 90! Touch wood i'll reach that
*Ella*
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
I'm 20 and I have one... well.. HAD one, I ate it all! aaaahahahaa
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
There is no age limit on advent calendars! Lydia (2) has one, I (nearly 24...will be before the advent calendar runs out anyway!) have one, and hubby (31) has one (and the naughty so and so has cheated already and eaten his xmas eve one grrr)
samlwilliams
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by *Ella*)
I'm 20 and I have one... well.. HAD one, I ate it all! aaaahahahaa
I remember when i was 5 and my sister was 3. She ate allll of hers on the first day, so then i had to share and take each day in turns. That wait between chocolate is huuuuge when you're 5:p:
natsing
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
ever too old, I have a barbie one- cos its pink, bought by my fiances mum for me, and I'm 26! Its good fun, and anyone who laughs is a complet scrooge!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
15.74%
The paper was reasonable (192)
48.73%
Not feeling great about that exam... (100)
25.38%
It was TERRIBLE (40)
10.15%

Watched Threads