The Student Room Group

How are gcse courseworks marked and by who?

I have coursework for Business and product design, wondering how courseworks are marked? Thanks
It might be slightly different now because I did my GCSEs the year before last but we had our coursework marked by the class teacher who gave us a grade and sent it to the exam board. Then closer to exam season the exam board asked to see some of our coursework, basically to double check that the teacher had marked them properly. They usually pick random people in the class however with a range of marks so you can never tell whether your work will be sent off to be checked or not. Hope that helps :h:
Oh ok thanks, so my teacher marks the coursework, and if the exam board doesnt pick mine to be seen does that mean I will have the mark my teacher gave me or is it changed according to the courseworks the exam board has seen?
Original post by Chlozza27
It might be slightly different now because I did my GCSEs the year before last but we had our coursework marked by the class teacher who gave us a grade and sent it to the exam board. Then closer to exam season the exam board asked to see some of our coursework, basically to double check that the teacher had marked them properly. They usually pick random people in the class however with a range of marks so you can never tell whether your work will be sent off to be checked or not. Hope that helps :h:

Thanks!😃
Original post by Umar01
Oh ok thanks, so my teacher marks the coursework, and if the exam board doesnt pick mine to be seen does that mean I will have the mark my teacher gave me or is it changed according to the courseworks the exam board has seen?

If the exam board agrees that the teacher has marked the work correctly then no ones marks will change, so you'll end up with the grade that your teacher gives you :biggrin: The exam board could disagree however causing your marks to be changed accordingly as to whether the board thinks the teacher has been to generous or too harsh
Original post by Chlozza27
If the exam board agrees that the teacher has marked the work correctly then no ones marks will change, so you'll end up with the grade that your teacher gives you :biggrin: The exam board could disagree however causing your marks to be changed accordingly as to whether the board thinks the teacher has been to generous or too harsh

Got it! Thank you that helped alot👍🏽

Quick Reply

Latest