The Student Room Group

What time does Job Seekers Allowance get paid into my Santander Bank Account?

Some background

Hello I am With Santander and on the 21th of August I applied for JSA, I then went for my first sign in date on the 25th of August, I then recieved a letter saying that I was entitled to JSA from the 3rd of September.

I was just wondering if anyone would know what time and date my first payment will be received.

Thank you
Original post by Johnny Bell
Some background

Hello I am With Santander and on the 21th of August I applied for JSA, I then went for my first sign in date on the 25th of August, I then recieved a letter saying that I was entitled to JSA from the 3rd of September.

I was just wondering if anyone would know what time and date my first payment will be received.

Thank you

The day of the week you get it depends on your national insurance number from what I can remember and it usually goes in at midnight. Best to phone the job centre because they should be able to tell you the date you'll get it.
It does not matter what payment is going in it depends on your bank any Baca payment will be payed between 12am and 6 am
It does not matter what money is going in it could be jsa or wages if it's sent by Bacs it will depend on what bank you are with and when they update there accounts all banks do it between 12 am and 6 am hope this helps the banks don't care were money is coming from all they are is Bacs payment
I have had money go in between 9:30pm to 11pm cleared with Santander day before money due
I have cash landing in my santander daily it can vary literally anytime from 7pm night before alway till 9am the day of 85% are done before 1130pm night before odd few dont arrive till 9am next day
(edited 3 years ago)
Every bank is different, TSB is 4am Natwest cash can be withdrawn from 2am but it's not available to view in the bank app until 2.20-2.45am, Halifax 12.10am, Santander 10.30-11.30pm night before, and my roomie has her wages paid into a pockit account and it goes in 5-7pm the day before, apparently to make it easier to manage your money (quoted from the text she received from Pockit as an update) because it used to be any time up to 9am and direct debit and auto card payments were being processed a lot of the time before their balances updated, leaving people with bounced payments... Used to be that Natwest processing system didn't recognise weekends also, and all activities due on a monday happened on Saturday, electronic payments in, direct debits etc.... I learned that the hard way when at uni, first time it happened I thought cool, I have a bunch of cash left on Saturday and I get paid Monday...what a weekend🥴!! Sadly it was followed by what a week 😭They don't do that anymore.... as a rule, if you go the bank on payday your funds will have cleared.... but if you are one of the people who go the cash machine in the middle of the night when your wages due, Santander seems to be the one that pays earliest, and tsb in last place lol
I wouldn't advice using Pockit, as my 2 friends had their wages paid there and they blocked their account after few months of using, then they closed it and they have pending court cases since the company refuses to give back the money that came from the employer.

Latest

Trending

Trending