Delivering Pizza - Insurence Change? Watch

Big_Jon
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello

I was wondering if I was going to use my own car and deliver pizza as a job. Would I have to change my car insurance policy to business instead of leisure and commuting?

Or am I covered by the companies insurance.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm fairly certain even if you weren't using company vehicles you would be covered under the businesses insurance policy. Unless you're technically "self-employed" while doing it (ala Yodel/Hermes delivery people) I doubt you'll need to change your insurance policy.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Big_Jon)
Hello

I was wondering if I was going to use my own car and deliver pizza as a job. Would I have to change my car insurance policy to business instead of leisure and commuting?

It depends on the company - I know Domino's cover you third party, but that probably can't be said for a back street pizza shop.
dickwhittington
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Best to make sure with the company tbh, it differs depending on employer or lack thereof in the case of "self employment"
Nuffles
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The big chains will have you covered - I was when I drove for Pizza Hut. There should be no change to your normal insurance as you're covered to commute to work, and as soon as you're on the clock you're covered by the company insurance.

If you were delivering for a kebab shop or something though I would definitely be wanting proof that they had company insurance covering me to drive.
waqas_hussain98
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Big_Jon)
Hello

All depends on the company, if you are working for a big company like Dominoes then they will normally cover you whether it is your own car or their car. But If you are just working for a normal pizza shop then they will 99% of the time not cover you. The best company for Business Insurance is Co-Op
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (169)
24.56%
Pop (170)
24.71%
Jazz (27)