Noodlo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, I'm interested in doing my master in your country but I'm a bit confused by the many rankings websites so I thought I'd ask you guys some questions. I know that the Erasmus university of Rotterdam is famous for its Finance master and that it would be the best choice in that field. But what about Economics? What is, according to you, the best university for a master in Economics? I'm especially interested in your opinion on Tilburg university. Many thanks in advance!
stroopwafel9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello!
Great to hear that you are planning on studying in the Netherlands.
Yes, I can imagine: there are so many ranking nowadays.
Tilburg University and Erasmus University both rank very high in the field of Finance and Economics. In the latest Shanghai Subject Ranking Tilburg University even ranked 8th in the world on Finance and 1st in the Netherlands on Economics.

I actually just finished the Master in Economics at Tilburg University myself. The program offers six different tracks which allows you to specialize in a certain field. If you have any questions about the program, feel free to ask them.
Noodlo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by stroopwafel9)
Hello!
Great to hear that you are planning on studying in the Netherlands.
Yes, I can imagine: there are so many ranking nowadays.
Tilburg University and Erasmus University both rank very high in the field of Finance and Economics. In the latest Shanghai Subject Ranking Tilburg University even ranked 8th in the world on Finance and 1st in the Netherlands on Economics.

I actually just finished the Master in Economics at Tilburg University myself. The program offers six different tracks which allows you to specialize in a certain field. If you have any questions about the program, feel free to ask them.
hey, sorry for the late reply!
I've just submitted my application but yes, I do have many questions to ask.
Can you please briefly tell me how was it to study in tilburg university and how challenging the program was? Because I have no idea what to expect and I wouldn't want it to be not demanding enough. Moreover I wanted to know how you feel about the work opportunities after this program/ how employers value the reputation of the institution. And again, which is, according to you, the most prestigious among Tilburg Msc programs?
Many thanks in advance for your kindness!
stroopwafel9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Noodlo)
hey, sorry for the late reply!
I've just submitted my application but yes, I do have many questions to ask.
Can you please briefly tell me how was it to study in tilburg university and how challenging the program was? Because I have no idea what to expect and I wouldn't want it to be not demanding enough. Moreover I wanted to know how you feel about the work opportunities after this program/ how employers value the reputation of the institution. And again, which is, according to you, the most prestigious among Tilburg Msc programs?
Many thanks in advance for your kindness!

Good to hear that you have applied!
The program is very challenging and students from all over the world come to Tilburg to study it. This leads to interesting class discussions and a motivated group! The curriculum is divided in method courses, seminar courses, and thesis work. The methods are the most challenging (for most students), as these focus on quantitative skills (game theory, econometrics, analysis). By choosing your own seminars you can decide which field to focus on / specialize in.

The program is highly valued and students work all over the world. Most student end up in governmental organizations, consultancy firms, or the financial sector.
Both the econometrics and economcis masters are very well ranked and highly valued!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
3.73%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
17.16%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.91%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
14.18%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (39)
29.1%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.91%

Watched Threads