Has Michael Moore Become More Radical In His Work? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Miami
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Has Michael Moore Become More Radical In His Work?
bobbybrown
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
you forgot the option for 'don't care'
Miami
Sorry. Any reason for your negative response to this thread?
Dr. Blazed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Miami)
Sorry. Any reason for your negative response to this thread?
Yes. No one cares.
Miami
Sorry. No need to be so rude about it! You didnt need to reply to the topic!
Amy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Miami)
no because hes just as much as a dirty, lecherous weirdo as he's always been
Acaila
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
And they wonder why people avoid posting threads in General Chat? :rolleyes:

Very well I shall attempt a vaguely sensible answer.
I don't think he's become more radical. Possibly more "relevant" and I use that term loosely. TV Nation, Bowling for Columbine and probably even Downsize This were mainly to do with underlying issues that had been going on for a while. Once Bush got elected he had very relevant cannon fodder, and his work reflects that. His work also has a bit more focus, probably because it's more relevant.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Miami)
if you mean, has he tried to produce more extreme and more compounding attacks on the administration then yes, it is clear from his work that he has lost the detail that populated his early material. in trying to create a broader and more specific hatred of the administration, he has unfortunately suffered in accuracy and almost become content with a certain sloppiness in accusation. he was a fresh,motivated, if simplistic, radical from the outset, now he is just a slanderous couch potato.
Acaila
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Couch potato? How would you know if he is a couch potato?
He certainly seems to get around a lot. Been reading his column on his experiences at the RNC. Quite good actually.
I wouldn't say he's lacking details compared to his previous works. I remember reading Downsize This and thinking it by far the weakest of his books. Dude Where's My Country seems a lot better on the details, although neither reads as well as Stupid White Men.
Fade Into Black
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
May I ask what is his great collection of work he has durin his career???
I dnt kno how he can become more radical,he is hardly a genius when it comes to literature but still...
Hes good but not radical but I havent read much of his stuff how has it changed??
TK0
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Acaila)
Couch potato? How would you know if he is a couch potato?
He certainly seems to get around a lot.
The guy's plainly a fatass

<standard rant>
farenheit 911 thats a travesty, what makes the guy so irksome is that, yes there are genuine cases to be made - but he goes and messes it all up by making stuff up, bringing in half truths and saying things in a misleading way. All this while laughing his way to the bank. what a moron
</standard rant>
Acaila
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
To be frank, I don't think his being "a fatass" has anything to do with what he's saying.

Yes, his stuff is propaganda, but he raises some important points that people wouldn't hear about otherwise. Somebody has to question the administration to make sure they're acting in the interests of the electorate.
musicbloke
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
His points are often crude and I find his personal vendetta against GWB rather tiring. There are points to be made and I commend him for bringing some important ideas to the public but he is still effectively a liberal.

MB
Acaila
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Is being a liberal a bad thing then?

And there are plenty of people in the world who hate Dubya.
TK0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
To be frank, I don't think his being "a fatass" has anything to do with what he's saying.
Nope doesnt but thats how i know hes a couch potato

Yes, his stuff is propaganda, but he raises some important points that people wouldn't hear about otherwise. Somebody has to question the administration to make sure they're acting in the interests of the electorate.
Quite a few do, and arent wrong in doing it. just think about what he says in 911,

that the binladens finance bush + friends. Then for some reason decide to blow them up??! what and then bush is protecting them, and no1 has worked that out.

Thats ignoring the blaring mistruths. so i think im justified in saying, can it the man is a an arse
Acaila
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TK0)
Nope doesnt but thats how i know hes a couch potato

Quite a few do, and arent wrong in doing it. just think about what he says in 911,

that the binladens finance bush + friends. Then for some reason decide to blow them up??! what and then bush is protecting them, and no1 has worked that out.

Thats ignoring the blaring mistruths. so i think im justified in saying, can it the man is a an arse
Being overweight does not mean you're a couch potato.

As I said, he uses a lot of propaganda. I also think you're oversimplifying F9/11. But we're digressing from the topic aren't we?
TIMAAAAAAAAAAAY
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
who gives a crap, he's a fat ugly moron
Acaila
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
*sigh* :rolleyes:

I'm not even going to bother replying.
TK0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Being overweight does not mean you're a couch potato.

As I said, he uses a lot of propaganda. I also think you're oversimplifying F9/11. But we're digressing from the topic aren't we?

im sure its glandular, i guess we are
snob_uk
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I like michael moore, his farenheit was an attack on the bush administration. Bowling for columbine was good too. His books, both of which i have read, stupid white men & Dude, wheres my country, were good too. I dont think he's gotten radical. He's outspoken, and he uses humour to highlight his point - which is what makes him different from the likes of John Pilger. I love the guy God bless him.

And i would urge any intellectually/broad minded person to look into his works. As for those who know nothing better than to resort to personal attacks, get an education & Grow up. :rolleyes:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (757)
80.36%
Leave (185)
19.64%

Watched Threads