The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Feeling uncertain? Not ready? Let us help!

Check out Facebook and Twitter for tips and tricks from the Brookes community to help you make the most of life at Oxford Brookes.

And don’t forget, we’re here to help! Ask us any questions - big or small, sensible or silly, obscure or obvious - and we’ll make sure you’re ready for your arrival.

#helloBrookes
I'm going to ask perhaps an odd question: the one-hour move-in slots at halls... a car can leave and come back in that time, right? I ask only because I know I'm going to forget something, and I'm only moving across town, so...
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Original post by Kandiman
I'm going to ask perhaps an odd question: the one-hour move-in slots at halls... a car can leave and come back in that time, right? I ask only because I know I'm going to forget something, and I'm only moving across town, so...

Hi Kandiman

not an odd question at all! Here's the response from our accommodation bureau:

"students are given a time slot for parking their cars in Halls so that they can unpack their belongings. It should be all right for the student to come and go during this time if they forget some belongings however it may be worth letting the Hall know so that they are aware that a particular car will return again once they have left."

Hope that helps!
I'm off to find you some daytime/non-alcoholic Freshers' events now so I can respond to your other post!
Back soon!
Emma
Why is Oxford such a bad university compared to Cambridge and Imperial?
Original post by HabibSyed
Why is Oxford such a bad university compared to Cambridge and Imperial?

I feel like your trolling is misdirected. Nice try, though! Maybe take another crack in the Oxford University subforum?
Original post by Oxford Brookes University
Hi Kandiman

not an odd question at all! Here's the response from our accommodation bureau:

"students are given a time slot for parking their cars in Halls so that they can unpack their belongings. It should be all right for the student to come and go during this time if they forget some belongings however it may be worth letting the Hall know so that they are aware that a particular car will return again once they have left."

Hope that helps!
I'm off to find you some daytime/non-alcoholic Freshers' events now so I can respond to your other post!
Back soon!
Emma

Sounds good :-) if it's super packed I can just go get it/get someone to drop it off on Monday anyway...
What's this one hour time slot to move in? I haven't seen anything about it.
Original post by fionnghualah
What's this one hour time slot to move in? I haven't seen anything about it.

Hi fionnghualah

here's the link to "arriving at your accommodation" . Just click on the pdf under "see here" for arrival times at the top of the page and you can arrange it all.

Hope that's helpful.
We look forward to welcoming you this weekend!
Emma
Original post by Oxford Brookes University
Hi fionnghualah

here's the link to "arriving at your accommodation" . Just click on the pdf under "see here" for arrival times at the top of the page and you can arrange it all.

Hope that's helpful.
We look forward to welcoming you this weekend!
Emma

I'm coming by plane and then a 2 hour bus so I will be coming after my arrival time. Is that okay?
Original post by fionnghualah
I'm coming by plane and then a 2 hour bus so I will be coming after my arrival time. Is that okay?

Hiya

It's probably best for you to contact our Accommodation Team on +44 (0) 345 1932425 or [email protected] to check about this :smile:

All the best

Alice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending