The Student Room Group

Confused!!!

Hi, this is gonna be a long one. A few questions:

1) I need to change my application university name via post, will this prolong my application
2) how long does my finance take to come into my account once I have sent my deceleration form and evidence (birth certificate)
3) how long extra am I looking at until I receive my maintenance loan (I enrol Saturday 23rd)
4) my parents had filled out my original supporting evidence part - does this mean that they will have to do this all over again or can they log into their original page with student finance and their existing details will be there.
5) also, will my parents need to send an evidence of bills to show how much they earn?

Sorry it's so long, I am stressing about how much longer it will take to get my maintanence loan as I have only just seen I need to update certain parts of my application due to changing universities.

Thanks, natalie
Hi Natalie,

If you are just changing your University on your application then your parents wouldn't need to provide their financial information again. We don't need them to send any financial evidence we may ask them for this if required after we do the income check. It is currently taking up to 19 working days to process your Change of Circumstances (CO1) form from date of receipt.

Your CO1 form can't be processed until your ID is accepted. Your ID check should be completed by the time we are due to process the CO1 form.

Assuming you are a UK national, you need to send your original UK birth certificate accompanied by a Birth or Adoption Certificate Form (ADIF). This form needs to be countersigned by a professional person who has known your for two years or more and they also need to hold a valid UK passport. If you have a valid UK passport you could just fill in your passport number on a UK Passport Details Form (PPDF). The ADIF's are currently taking up to six working days for processing from the date of receipt and the PPDF takes three working days to data enter the form and then we check it with Her Majesty's Passport Office online which takes up to 24 hours.

After ID is checked on your application then the application would move onto checking the household income and can then move into final processing once it passes that if no further evidence is required from your sponsors. As things happen in stages the whole process can take at least six weeks from when your application was submitted. If you delayed sending any evidence it can take longer as processing would stop until the required evidence was received.

Once your application is fully approved we would send you out your Notification of Entitlement (NOE) letter. Before releasing any payments, if you are taking out a loan for the first time we would need to validate your National Insurance Number with the Department for Work and Pensions. It can only be sent to them on a Wednesday and is returned the following Wednesday. If returned as valid, as long as we have valid bank details we can release your payment when we receive Confirmation of Registration (COR) from your University. Once COR is received it updates onto our payment system within 24 to 48 hours then your payment is released and in your bank within three to five working days after that.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending