The Student Room Group

Entry requirements for A level

Hey I was wondering if it was worth sending applications to apply for vet courses if my predicted grades are as follows:

Chem - B
Bio - C
English - A

I have the required work experience and a 10/10 personal statement. Thanks in advance x
how do you know you have a 10/10 statement?
Reply 2
Original post by novaswofter
how do you know you have a 10/10 statement?

I've finished it and I had a professor from oxford who is visiting my school proof read it (his words not mine)
I would be a little concerned that a professor from Oxford might not know what a 10/10 personal statement for VetMed looked like unless he is a vet (Oxford obviously don't do vet med).
Reply 4
Original post by animalmagic
I would be a little concerned that a professor from Oxford might not know what a 10/10 personal statement for VetMed looked like unless he is a vet (Oxford obviously don't do vet med).

Yes but as he came to talk about personal statements he was able to read it (obviously he isn't going to be able to help much with vet med but as far as personal statements go, mine was strong :smile: )
(edited 6 years ago)
You would have to talk to your teachers about getting higher predicted grades as the standard offer is AAA/AAB so they would put you at a disadvantage.
Regarding the personal statement there are vet students/vets on here that offer a personal statement checker so you can get it looked at by those that actually know the application process.
Reply 6
Original post by VMD100
You would have to talk to your teachers about getting higher predicted grades as the standard offer is AAA/AAB so they would put you at a disadvantage.
Regarding the personal statement there are vet students/vets on here that offer a personal statement checker so you can get it looked at by those that actually know the application process.

Thank you 😊
You need to talk to your teachers because your predicted grades are not high enough for vet med. with regards to your personal statement you're best of getting one of the PS helpers to look at it because they have experience with vet medicine personal statements. A professor from oxford might be experienced but not in vet medicine and a vet med PS is very different to any other subject personal statement.

Quick Reply

Latest