The Student Room Group

Parent can't support my application

Hi, i'm a 3rd year student that is retaking my 2nd year of university, and my application has been changed previously to reflect this. However, when i try to get my parent to support my application, my customer reference number cannot be found, despite checking numerous times that it is correct. My declaration form has also been delayed, is this not allowing my parent to support my application? What other reasons could there be?

Thanks for any help you can give.
Hi ElliotBrown,

Your declaration form wouldn't affect your parent supporting your application online and there can be a number of reasons why it can't find your details. When this happens we have to link it manually so your parent wouldn't be able to do provide the financial information online.

As long as you have definitely requested your application to be means tested, based on household income, then your parent would need to fill in the paper Assessment of Financial Circumstances (PFF2) form. We can then link it to your application processing.

We are currently taking up to 19 working days for processing these forms.

Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by Laura S SFE
Hi ElliotBrown,

Your declaration form wouldn't affect your parent supporting your application online and there can be a number of reasons why it can't find your details. When this happens we have to link it manually so your parent wouldn't be able to do provide the financial information online.

As long as you have definitely requested your application to be means tested, based on household income, then your parent would need to fill in the paper Assessment of Financial Circumstances (PFF2) form. We can then link it to your application processing.

We are currently taking up to 19 working days for processing these forms.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply, will I still get the same maintenance grant and loan i had in previous years? Since i never had to send this last year, only in my first year, i believe. Since my original application before I retook a year was for a paid work placement year, I don't think my application will have been means tested. The SFE website says if i apply for this now, it'll take 6 weeks, is this true or is it likely to take 19 days as you stated previously?

Thanks for your help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending