probably not
Reply 2
Lol what if they was family
Reply 3
Original post by 408655
probably not

That's true
Reply 4
Depends on how much and how sure I was of being "used". If it was a good friend, and I gave them like a tenner for something, I probably wouldn't even care if they ever gave it back, unless we'd been clear that that was expected in the exchange. If I knew them less well, gave them a substantial amount, and they made excuses to me or put off giving it back, I would be less trusting. I wouldn't necessarily be mistrusting if they never gave it back without prompting though, since personally I am rather lazy and prone to procrastination and only really respond to being firmly prompted, so I sort of give others the benefit of the doubt that they might be the same. If it was clear to me that someone had taken the money knowing full well they couldn't afford to pay it back, or never intending to, making up excuses when asked, then of course I would not trust them. I wouldn't for sure cut them out of my life, but I wouldn't be giving them money again.
Depends. If they're a friend then no I would not trust them, but if it's something like my niece acting overly nice to get something I wouldn't really care lol.
Original post by Anonymous
Like to gamble etc

If they're close I'd definitely trust them again, just not with money.
Reply 7
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Depends on how much and how sure I was of being "used". If it was a good friend, and I gave them like a tenner for something, I probably wouldn't even care if they ever gave it back, unless we'd been clear that that was expected in the exchange. If I knew them less well, gave them a substantial amount, and they made excuses to me or put off giving it back, I would be less trusting. I wouldn't necessarily be mistrusting if they never gave it back without prompting though, since personally I am rather lazy and prone to procrastination and only really respond to being firmly prompted, so I sort of give others the benefit of the doubt that they might be the same. If it was clear to me that someone had taken the money knowing full well they couldn't afford to pay it back, or never intending to, making up excuses when asked, then of course I would not trust them. I wouldn't for sure cut them out of my life, but I wouldn't be giving them money again.

I'm kinda lazy aswell if I gave my friend like £1 and they didn't pay it back I wouldn't really care and what if a family member used you for gambling like gambling a grand a month
Reply 8
Original post by Ashleigh.A
Depends. If they're a friend then no I would not trust them, but if it's something like my niece acting overly nice to get something I wouldn't really care lol.

Like if it was your mother
Reply 9
Original post by harrythomas14
If they're close I'd definitely trust them again, just not with money.

You can't even trust anyone nowadays
Reply 10
I'm kinda lazy aswell if I gave my friend like £1 and they didn't pay it back I wouldn't really care and what if a family member used you for gambling like gambling a grand a month

I wouldn't trust them with my money (and I haven't ever had enough money that I can reasonably lend a grand to anyone lol). However, if someone is gambling a grand away a month and can't pay it back then they probably have a serious problem, and I would say that this is the prime concern.
Depends in the circumstances. Look at all the facts instead of dripfeeding them. It makes you wary if betrayed. there are levels though.
Like if it was your mother

I would be cautious if it was a mother because they're meant to look after you and are older. Would you mind elaborating on what happened?
Oh. Well, I thought you meant like a mate who didn't pay you back. I've been that guy who doesn't pay people back. :bigsmile:. It's weird to pay people back for being kind. If you did something out the bottom of your heart you don't get an award for that, not from me ya don't! So I wonder if deep down my mates are lowkey annoyed about that like me not returning favours for em...

But anyway if they're a gambler, Im not an enabler at all. Never for someone who's not a younger sibling. If it's some random geezer addicted to gambling I'm not giving him ****. Idk if I could say no to a sibling though.
Trust me you can't make no one use you for money you gotta be vigilant
You can't even trust anyone nowadays

Depends on your environment, I guess.
Reply 16
Context? This is clearly pertaining to a specific situation of yours.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I wouldn't trust them with my money (and I haven't ever had enough money that I can reasonably lend a grand to anyone lol). However, if someone is gambling a grand away a month and can't pay it back then they probably have a serious problem, and I would say that this is the prime concern.

Gamblings like cancer your gonna hit rock bottom sooner or later it can even kill you and yeah I know right hate all forms of gambling the problem is you can't force someone to stop gambling
Original post by 999tigger
Depends in the circumstances. Look at all the facts instead of dripfeeding them. It makes you wary if betrayed. there are levels though.

If they lied to you and said it was for something else but you heard and saw them gambling
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Oh. Well, I thought you meant like a mate who didn't pay you back. I've been that guy who doesn't pay people back. :bigsmile:. It's weird to pay people back for being kind. If you did something out the bottom of your heart you don't get an award for that, not from me ya don't! So I wonder if deep down my mates are lowkey annoyed about that like me not returning favours for em...

But anyway if they're a gambler, Im not an enabler at all. Never for someone who's not a younger sibling. If it's some random geezer addicted to gambling I'm not giving him ****. Idk if I could say no to a sibling though.

When I borrow money I always eventually find a way to pay them back eventually and what if it was your mum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending