The Student Room Group

Dropping Gcse Textiles

Hi. I'm 15 and cant take Gcse textiles anymore. The coursework is too much stress and I cant take it anymore. I want to write an email to my head teacher but I don't know what to say apart from my depression is bad. Can someone help?
Original post by scott.charlotte
Hi. I'm 15 and cant take Gcse textiles anymore. The coursework is too much stress and I cant take it anymore. I want to write an email to my head teacher but I don't know what to say apart from my depression is bad. Can someone help?

Talk to your GP about he depression. Talk to your parent. Talk to class tutor or the school counselor. Just tell them you are being treated fro depression and you are finding this GSE in particular very stressful and difficult to manage. have you talked to the textile teacher and how are your marks? They are more likely to take notice if the GP or your parent supports you. Is there another GCSE you can transfer to?

You stand more chance of getting what you want if you do the above.
Reply 2

WTF??! You had 3 months of vacation and you're about to start the new year and still think that you should drop one of your GCSE choices! Bruh you should've thought about it earlier ... too messy m8!!
Original post by OMG354
WTF??! You had 3 months of vacation and you're about to start the new year and still think that you should drop one of your GCSE choices! Bruh you should've thought about it earlier ... too messy m8!!

Thanks for the support. I guess you dont understand what its like to live with depression for 3 years.
Original post by 999tigger
Talk to your GP about he depression. Talk to your parent. Talk to class tutor or the school counselor. Just tell them you are being treated fro depression and you are finding this GSE in particular very stressful and difficult to manage. have you talked to the textile teacher and how are your marks? They are more likely to take notice if the GP or your parent supports you. Is there another GCSE you can transfer to?

You stand more chance of getting what you want if you do the above.

i have done all of the above. I grew up in a bad house with horrible people. and its about what i need for my mental health rather than what i want.
i have done all of the above. I grew up in a bad house with horrible people. and its about what i need for my mental health rather than what i want.

Then you are in an excellent position for them to take your request seriously and you will have evidence to back you up.

Quick Reply

Latest