The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan, eea worker

Hey. I've been awarded maintenance loan based on my continued employment status as an EEA migrant worker. I was told that to get student finance I need to be working enough to support myself for the whole academic year and that I need to send evidence of the continued employment before the installment is paid.

As I understand, I have to send either my September payslip or a letter from my employer after 1st September.
Currently I am working full time but I want to go part time once uni starts, I am not sure yet If I will be staying at my current job or looking for a new job.
My question is, if I want to leave my current job and start a new one in September, should I send a payslip from my previous job and then a letter from a new employer? Or in general, what should I do and how to inform student finance about my new job? Thank you!
Reply 1
Also can I send the evidence to [email protected] or do I have to send it by post?
Original post by goszka
Hey. I've been awarded maintenance loan based on my continued employment status as an EEA migrant worker. I was told that to get student finance I need to be working enough to support myself for the whole academic year and that I need to send evidence of the continued employment before the installment is paid.

As I understand, I have to send either my September payslip or a letter from my employer after 1st September.
Currently I am working full time but I want to go part time once uni starts, I am not sure yet If I will be staying at my current job or looking for a new job.
My question is, if I want to leave my current job and start a new one in September, should I send a payslip from my previous job and then a letter from a new employer? Or in general, what should I do and how to inform student finance about my new job? Thank you!

Hi goszka,

You can send in the September payslip from your current employer. If you leave one job for another we need to see your new contract of employment and P45 from your old employer.

The email inbox is no longer manned so please post your evidence.

Warm regards,

Shaun.

Quick Reply