When is the best time of the year to apply for a job?

Watch
AnEvolvedApe
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Although there have been loads of jobs to apply to, I have had a terrible run of it this summer. Among many things, I think that me competing with a lot more candidates (particularly school leavers, college leavers and graduated) that is had made it a little harder.

When do you think is the best time to apply?
carrotstar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AnEvolvedApe)
Although there have been loads of jobs to apply to, I have had a terrible run of it this summer. Among many things, I think that me competing with a lot more candidates (particularly school leavers, college leavers and graduated) that is had made it a little harder.

I think you've pretty much said it yourself; you're probably best avoiding the periods when students and school leavers/graduates are looking for work, which will be at Christmas and Easter holidays, over summer holidays, and around graduation time in June/July.
lavender_rose
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

IMO it's around now when the Christmas jobs are out an companies are mass hiring they seem to be generally a little more relaxed about the application and often have multiple vacancies.
AnEvolvedApe
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by lavender_rose)
IMO it's around now when the Christmas jobs are out an companies are mass hiring they seem to be generally a little more relaxed about the application and often have multiple vacancies.
Christmas jobs other than retail?
lavender_rose
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Christmas jobs other than retail?
There are also hospitality jobs like waiting and kitchen assistants/portering.
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What level of work is it you're applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (665)
33.57%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (843)
42.55%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (384)
19.38%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.49%

Watched Threads