SvanetianRose
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hiyaaa

When I applied for sixth form, I chose 3 A level courses (biology, psychology, art) and one BTEC (health and social care)

I've just started sixth form this week, and recently found out that A level art doesn't exist anymore (or at least in my school) and it's a BTEC course now. So I'm doing 2 A levels and 2 BTEC .-.
I wanted to go to Uni and study either psychology or biology and get a job as a teacher. Though my mum told me (I also looked up on the internet) that you need at least 3 A levels to get into University. Since I applied for A level art, would they still accept it even though it's BTEC? Like, if I get a really good result? Or will I have to change one of the courses?

My GCSE results were A*AAAAABBC if that helps at all xD

Thankies~ ^-^
niteninja1
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You can get into uni with just a BTEC
Yawenning
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You can still get into uni don't worry; also ucas points are used instead of grades
SvanetianRose
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thank you so much! ^-^
ak_0213
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
would say go for alevel as your gcse grades are perfect doing btec means shutting doors to high rank unis such as bath uni etc. so pick wisely
cbrand1806
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I took a BTEC worth three A-levels and got into a Russell Group uni to do Law... I don't think it matters so much anymore. Just find the right uni.
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
95% of unis accept BTEC

This person got into Oxford for Experimental Psychology with Health & Social Care BTEC and no A levels: https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...ty-application

You'll be fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (20)
7.69%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.62%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.69%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.62%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (71)
27.31%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.08%

Watched Threads