Dropping higher music for medicine?

Watch this thread
Atlantacrow
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi all, I'm not sure what to do and would like advice. I'm wanting to pursue medicine, I did my highers and got 4As (maths, English, biology and chemistry) and a B in geography in S5, and this year I'm currently doing higher music, adv higher: chemistry, biology and maths. My question is whether I should drop higher music, and just do the 3 advanced? I think music is an easy A for me and I enjoy but I feel as though I could be spending more time on my 3 advanced subjects? However, since I'm lacking an A last year idk if I should just keep going with music... does music even appeal to universities? I'm wanting to apply to Glasgow, Dundee, Aberdeen and another one.
Please guide me cos I'm not sure what to do haha
S.G.
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Atlantacrow)
Hi all, I'm not sure what to do and would like advice. I'm wanting to pursue medicine, I did my highers and got 4As (maths, English, biology and chemistry) and a B in geography in S5, and this year I'm currently doing higher music, adv higher: chemistry, biology and maths. My question is whether I should drop higher music, and just do the 3 advanced? I think music is an easy A for me and I enjoy but I feel as though I could be spending more time on my 3 advanced subjects? However, since I'm lacking an A last year idk if I should just keep going with music... does music even appeal to universities? I'm wanting to apply to Glasgow, Dundee, Aberdeen and another one.
Read this for some guidance.

Go to the universities you're interested in

https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/2...ols.pdf#page18
hydroxide
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Atlantacrow)
If you are happy doing music and think you can manage your advanced highers, I'll say go for it!! You never know, you might get to talk about music at an interview and an extra subject is never any harm
Good luck!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (19)
20.88%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.09%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.49%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
16.48%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (22)
24.18%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
20.88%

Watched Threads