The Student Room Group

New phone just delivered AMA

In the last 15 minutes, my new mobile phone has arrived in the post.:yay:

If you're looking for more mobile phone related stuff, check out the forum.

Since my AMA threads are about as frequent as Adele's studio albums, I'm hoping for some good questions.:colone:

Ask me anything!
:party:

Scroll to see replies

What phone have you got? :hmmm:
Original post by 04MR17

Since my AMA threads are about as frequent as Adele's studio albums, I'm hoping for some good questions.:colone:

Ask me anything!

Nice :dancing2:
What kind of phone is it? Im looking to buy a new one soon, what would you recommend?
Original post by Paracosm
What phone have you got? :hmmm:

Original post by TastyChicken
What kind of phone is it?
Samsung Galaxy J3 2017. Cheap and cheerful and fulfils my very limited technological desires.
Im looking to buy a new one soon, what would you recommend?
See this thread if you're looking for recommendations.

I'm not a technology expert so really can't make any recommendations.
Reply 4
Original post by 04MR17

Ask me anything!

Why didn't you make this thread in the Mobile Phones sub-forum? You know, the one that you strangely decided to link in the middle of your post...
If Bert likes to peel carrots with a knife instead of a peeler( :facepalm: ) and his wife Daisy doesn't like margarine, what is the likelihood that my Dad will run over their cat? Explain in detail. You will be marked on your spelling, punctuation and grammar. A bonus mark is to be awarded for a reference to East Putney. [10 marks]

Spoiler

Original post by 04MR17

Ask me anything!

Original post by Davalla
Why didn't you make this thread in the Mobile Phones sub-forum? You know, the one that you strangely decided to link in the middle of your post...
Because in an Ask me Anything the questions can be about literally anything. Leading to the thread not really being about mobile phones at all. The relaxed rules about off-topic comments in the chat forum allow that to happen. This is not the case in other places on TSR.

The reason I linked it was in case some people wanted more advice about mobiles phones (as has already happened) and I'm really not the person to ask.

Chat tends to be the place for AMAs generally. Just look through the sub-forum.:wink:
Reply 7
What's your contract? What do you get? Post a picture of the phone :smile:
What kind of phone is it? Im looking to buy a new one soon, what would you recommend?

Depending on your use for the phone and what is important to you will influence your decision :yep:

Spoiler

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Depending on your use for the phone and what is important to you will influence your decision :yep:

Spoiler

Is today international phone delivery day or something...
Is today international phone delivery day or something...

Just checked and the computer says no :fyi:
Original post by 04MR17

Ask me anything!

whats your favourite sandwich?
If Bert likes to peel carrots with a knife instead of a peeler( :facepalm: ) and his wife Daisy doesn't like margarine, what is the likelihood that my Dad will run over their cat? Explain in detail. You will be marked on your spelling, punctuation and grammar. A bonus mark is to be awarded for a reference to East Putney. [10 marks]
I was waiting for this to happen.:colone:

Ultimately, the likelihood or your Dad running over Bert and Daisy's cat depends on where they live, and where the cat is. If this is in East Putney, then there is a high chance that the cat will be run over because a lot of people find themselves lost in East Putney. And so if your Dad got lost in East Putney, there is a higher chance that he is not fully aware of his surroundings (and the cat) due to being lost.

The fact that Bert likes to peel carrots with a knife indicates to me that he doesn't know what an osthyvel is:

Which is the best device with which to peel carrots. Which tells me that he is a little bit dense.:dontknow:

The fact that Daisy does not like margarine indicates to me that she is at least 50 years old. Since real margarine has not been available to buy since the 1960s. Only margarine substitute has been available to purchase since then. If she is of significant age then that may lead me to suggest that she is more likely to forget about the cat, hence why the cat may go wandering, and end up being run over by your Dad.

My answer is complete.:hat2:
Original post by Jack22031994
whats your favourite sandwich?
Order of preference is as follows:

1. Sausage, bacon, egg
2. Bacon, egg
3. Bacon, cheese
4. Bacon
5. Ham, cheese
Original post by Ishax
What's your contract? What do you get? Post a picture of the phone :smile:
:erm:

Contract is something like 500 mins, 5000 texts, 1GB of data (uni has free wifi:love:)

Will post a pic later.:wink:
Original post by 04MR17
:erm:

Contract is something like 500 mins, 5000 texts, 1GB of data (uni has free wifi:love:)

Will post a pic later.:wink:

Oh gosh, 1GB! Well, atleast you have uni wifi I guess :smile:

How much do you pay for it?

Oh ok must be next friday then, sorry my mistake. :doh:
Original post by Ishax
Oh gosh, 1GB! Well, at least you have uni wifi I guess :smile:

How much do you pay for it?
I don't use my phone a lot.:nah:

I believe it's about £16.50 a month.:redface:
Oh ok must be next friday then, sorry my mistake. :doh:

But the good news is that today is International Paediatric Haematology/Oncology Nurses day:yay:
Original post by 04MR17
But the good news is that today is International Paediatric Haematology/Oncology Nurses day:yay:

:adore:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending