The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheDuo
wow, I didn't realize that losing was so much fun! as a feminist you must be used to it!

Original post by yudothis
Who said I was losing? Other than you of course.

You are losing, darling.
Original post by RoyalBeams
You are losing, darling.

That's the best you got? Boring.
Reply 62
Yes they have. But the most vocal and well-known feminists tend to say the stupidest things.
Reply 63
Just a reminder that just because you saw a few crazy SJW's on youtube doesn't make you an expert on feminism. How about go and talk to some women in your family and try and find out more about feminism instead mouthing it off blatantly on a forum.
(edited 6 years ago)
Lol triggered.
Reply 65
Original post by Miss.Unknow
Lol triggered.

Me?
Original post by Crooky0
Me?

no op
Original post by TheDuo
unfortunately that is where you are severely misinformed. if feminism has done so much for women where is all its work to help men?

Where are all the men to help themselves? Like why do you sit around online explaining all the problems men face when you could be, you know, actually doing something?

Men are less likely to get custody rights, more men commit suicide, more men go to prison, men are pressured more than women to join the military. These are all big, complex problems that need to be solved, but why do men expect women to do the campaigning for them? Men bring up these points a lot, but where's the actual doing? It's makes it look like you don't care about the problems you face, like you're using them as means to degrade women. Maybe that's not the case, but that's what it looks like.

Also, I think helping women does help men. Equality in society is good for everybody. The whole thing about feminism is that it fights to stop the idea that being feminine is bad, whether that's seeing feminine women as strong, capable people, or allowing men to do more feminine things (like letting then paint their nails, wear make-up, be stay-at-home dads, you catch my drift). That's good for men. The expectations placed on men to be the breadwinners, to be aggressive and to be masculine contribute to the issues with suicide, the military and prison demographics. If it was more socially acceptable for men to be more feminine, maybe these issues would be less prominent. That's not the only objective solution, not at all, but it sure is a part of the puzzle
That's the best you got? Boring.

Your arguments are weak and illogical, darling.

As you explained, feminism has become about selfishness and getting an advantage over men.
Original post by crocodile_ears
Where are all the men to help themselves? Like why do you sit around online explaining all the problems men face when you could be, you know, actually doing something?

Men are less likely to get custody rights, more men commit suicide, more men go to prison, men are pressured more than women to join the military. These are all big, complex problems that need to be solved, but why do men expect women to do the campaigning for them? Men bring up these points a lot, but where's the actual doing? It's makes it look like you don't care about the problems you face, like you're using them as means to degrade women. Maybe that's not the case, but that's what it looks like.

Also, I think helping women does help men. Equality in society is good for everybody. The whole thing about feminism is that it fights to stop the idea that being feminine is bad, whether that's seeing feminine women as strong, capable people, or allowing men to do more feminine things (like letting then paint their nails, wear make-up, be stay-at-home dads, you catch my drift). That's good for men. The expectations placed on men to be the breadwinners, to be aggressive and to be masculine contribute to the issues with suicide, the military and prison demographics. If it was more socially acceptable for men to be more feminine, maybe these issues would be less prominent. That's not the only objective solution, not at all, but it sure is a part of the puzzle

Feminists aren't as liberal as you think they have made it clear that what they want is for men and women to do exactly the same roles in the same proportion so for example they believe in quotas to achieve this and they put a lot of pressure on women that they shouldn't be stay at home mothers and that fathers absolutely should look after their children and do the housework in the same proportion as the mothers regardless of whether they think otherwise.

I see feminism as a very oppressive, authoritarian movement that actually isn't that different from the sexist patriarchy because they share a clear goal in making society exactly how they want it to be rather than giving people the freedom to decide what they want to do they want society to be 50:50 rather than 100:0 does that really make them any better?. What I mean with regards this can be emphasised by feminists always saying that they should be more female politicians, scientists etc when the number is actually irrelevant something feminists still don't understand what is important is whether people actually do have free will and are able to get that career if they are good enough and are interested in that career.
(edited 6 years ago)
Your arguments are weak and illogical, darling.

As you explained, feminism has become about selfishness and getting an advantage over men.

Honey, go away and let the adults talk.
Original post by Dalek1099
Feminists aren't as liberal as you think they have made it clear that what they want is for men and women to do exactly the same roles in the same proportion so for example they believe in quotas to achieve this and they put a lot of pressure on women that they shouldn't be stay at home mothers and that fathers absolutely should look after their children and do the housework in the same proportion as the mothers regardless of whether they think otherwise.

I see feminism as a very oppressive, authoritarian movement that actually isn't that different from the sexist patriarchy because they share a clear goal in making society exactly how they want it to be rather than giving people the freedom to decide what they want to do they want society to be 50:50 rather than 100:0 does that really make them any better?. What I mean with regards this can be emphasised by feminists always saying that they should be more female politicians, scientists etc when the number is actually irrelevant something feminists still don't understand what is important is whether people actually do have free will and are able to get that career if they are good enough and are interested in that career.

Why shouldn't there be more female politicians?
There is a Reddit page called men going there own way which has some interesting ideas like this

https://m.imgur.com/yZdKXZi
Original post by Dominoes
There is a Reddit page called men going there own way which has some interesting ideas like this

https://m.imgur.com/yZdKXZi

Ahahahaha

Pathetic.
Original post by crocodile_ears

Speakers on those very issues have been no-platformed at universities by feminist groups, as they have said that speaking about issues which affect men is somehow anti-women. Modern feminists are doing absolutely nothing to help women and they are fighting for special privileges and not equality. I love that they claim to be empowering women, yet they act like victims at every opportunity. All of the worst sides of feminity.
Original post by YaliaV
Speakers on those very issues have been no-platformed at universities by feminist groups, as they have said that speaking about issues which affect men is somehow anti-women. Modern feminists are doing absolutely nothing to help women and they are fighting for special privileges and not equality. I love that they claim to be empowering women, yet they act like victims at every opportunity. All of the worst sides of feminity.

What does any of that have to do with "feminity"? What is that word even, made it up? Do you mean femininity?
Ahahahaha

Pathetic.

I think it's mainly men who had no success with women now trying to make excuses but some interesting ideas
Honey, go away and let the adults talk.

Darling, I am just saying you need to be more logical and less selfish.

Feminism is being rejected. People have seen through it.
Darling, I am just saying you need to be more logical and less selfish.

Feminism is being rejected. People have seen through it.

And yet there is a never ending support for it :smile:

Go now sweetie, your mummy's coming home. She will be very upset if you haven't done your chores.
And yet there is a never ending support for it :smile:

Go now sweetie, your mummy's coming home. She will be very upset if you haven't done your chores.

Baby, what support?

Only 7% of British women would label themselves as feminists.

How is that "never ending support", darling? You see why I said you need to be more logical, cutes?

Latest

Trending

Trending