Picking a study guide out of a handful... Watch

Sharminkhan02
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello. I basically want to revise however I have loads of revision books for one subject. In order to construct large amounts of notes due to my OCD of writing in big chunks, I picked a few revision guides and took out every little information to remember in big chunks however I realised it's a hassle for me and therefore I always think that I have to include all the basic facts of little things which are not in one revision guide (CGP) for one topic in my exams? Is it true that I have to include all the possible information that is also not included in my (CGP) revision guides? Also; I am in need for help because I struggle to pick what revision guide to use as I have a number of them and I am tired of looking through every little thing in each revision guide. Is it best to just use 1?
nylrehs
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hey, unfortunately I don't think I'd be very good at understanding how it feels to have OCD as I cannot relate. but in order to stick to your habit of memorising large amounts at a time (did I understand that correctly?) and also making sure you're learning relevant information, I would recommend for certain subjects such as science, you can use just your lessons and the cgp guides because every sentence they put in there is relevant to the spec and they tend to cut out all of the unnecessary facts, whilst making sure the stuff you need are there. my science revision for gcses actually consisted of ONLY the cgp guides.
Sharminkhan02
Rep:
?
Oh okay, thanks so much! Is it possible to get an A*/8 at GCSE by just using the CGP guides? Also, as well as that, I have other exam board revision guides which may be relevantly the same. Have you achieved high grades with using just CGP guides?
LlamaLikeEllie
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sharminkhan02)
Oh okay, thanks so much! Is it possible to get an A*/8 at GCSE by just using the CGP guides? Also, as well as that, I have other exam board revision guides which may be relevantly the same. Have you achieved high grades with using just CGP guides?
I owe my A*s in the sciences to CGP
2007PSanHa
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I used mainly CGP. I suggest trying to learn everything in the revision guide but also reading through your textbook. That worked for me anyway!
0zzu
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Look at the official specification. If you see something in the textbook that isn't on there, you don't really need to write it down.
Sharminkhan02
Rep:
?
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (294)
65.63%
No (154)
34.38%

Watched Threads