Tips please - BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science Watch

walkertom1212
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi

So I'm starting my BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science next week and heard it can be quite difficult to get D*, I wanted to ask if you have any tips which can help me to get good grades

Thanks in advance
Jaustin827
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Although i am doing the all coursework version before the reforms set in i would say the biggest piece of advice anyone can give would be to manage your time effectively. BTEC is very self study orientated so it is important to meet deadlines and stay on top of everything. Take notes, review them regularly. Finished first year with full Distinctions so feel free to PM me
maizzkhan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
tions.
(Original post by Jaustin827)
Although i am doing the all coursework version before the reforms set in i would say the biggest piece of advice anyone can give would be to manage your time effectively. BTEC is very self study orientated so it is important to meet deadlines and stay on top of everything. Take notes, review them regularly. Finished first year with full Distinctions so feel free to PM me
I guess you know more in BTEC then me. Can you help me by explaining to me how to get distinctions like how much information is exactly required to get Distinction
Jaustin827
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by maizzkhan)
tions.

I guess you know more in BTEC then me. Can you help me by explaining to me how to get distinctions like how much information is exactly required to get Distinction
It varies from distinction to distinction tbh. To get a distinction in a unit you have to get a distinction in every assignment in that Unit, if you get all distinctions in every assignment besides one assignment in which you got a merit, your overall grade for the Entire Unit will be a Merit. As for the amount of work it depends entirely on the assignment, for one you may just need to complete some questions, for another you might need to write an essay. It usually is the part though you will need to take the most time on to complete and may even require you to think outside the box a little
_mk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
doing BTEC is a good choice.after a while, you will get the hang of it. at my college, the teachers are very helpful, so i am never feeling stuck on any task. achieving a distinction id not as hard as they say. as long as you compete each task correctly, you are fine. you dont necessarily need a distinction in each of your units to get d*(x3) overall at the end of your second year however, the more distinctions means the more points you get
hope it helps
dan_12345
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Jaustin827)
It varies from distinction to distinction tbh. To get a distinction in a unit you have to get a distinction in every assignment in that Unit, if you get all distinctions in every assignment besides one assignment in which you got a merit, your overall grade for the Entire Unit will be a Merit. As for the amount of work it depends entirely on the assignment, for one you may just need to complete some questions, for another you might need to write an essay. It usually is the part though you will need to take the most time on to complete and may even require you to think outside the box a little
Do we achieve more points by adding extra detail that is relevant to the task and any extra knowledge we have? Is vocab also a good way to up my marks?
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by dan_12345)
Do we achieve more points by adding extra detail that is relevant to the task and any extra knowledge we have? Is vocab also a good way to up my marks?
You can sometimes gain more points for adding extra detail thats specific and concise. Vocab is also good to show you're an academic student - it also makes your work more readable and enjoyable to read through from an examiners perspective.
Jaustin827
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by dan_12345)
Yes in order to get the higher grades you need to show you have read around the subject a little and have an understanding of some of the harder topics of the module.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (74)
32.46%
No I don't (108)
47.37%
I work during the holidays (46)
20.18%

Watched Threads