The Student Room Group

Is it too late to change my mind?

I am about to start yr 13 and am currently taking maths, physics, music technology and am going to complete an EPQ within this year. I thought that i would always want a physics based career however after much thought over this summer I would seriously consider doing a degree in Law. I'm wondering if my A levels are too numbers based and considering my EPQ is based on climate engineering it wouldn't really fit. Is it too late to change my mind at this stage? Will i need to go back and complete different A levels in order to qualify for a Law position at uni?
Original post by charlottejp5
I am about to start yr 13 and am currently taking maths, physics, music technology and am going to complete an EPQ within this year. I thought that i would always want a physics based career however after much thought over this summer I would seriously consider doing a degree in Law. I'm wondering if my A levels are too numbers based and considering my EPQ is based on climate engineering it wouldn't really fit. Is it too late to change my mind at this stage? Will i need to go back and complete different A levels in order to qualify for a Law position at uni?

I honestly think you will be absolutely fine. Whilst a lot of applicants might have studied essay based subjects, I don't think you'd be majorly disadvantaged at all. From a quick Google search, the University of Manchester, for example, state that they "welcome all A level subjects from Arts, Humanities, Mathematics & Science, including Law. However, we do not accept General Studies or Critical Thinking". I'd suggest going on a few university websites to have a look at what others say :smile: I really don't think it will be much of an issue though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest