Ella12344
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I still don't know what to study at uni and my personal statement first draft is due on tuesday.
I currently study biology chemistry and psychology

I wanted to do pharmacy after I vitisted portsmouth uni open day but I have read so much online about how bad it is, does anyone have any advice about this?

My other options I am thinking about is midwifery, however I have no work experience to talk about for this. I have volunteered in a care home but I don't know if that is good enough plus midwifery is very competitive.
I am also scared for the interviews I think I would mess them up, if I got one.

My other options are biochemistry which I was thinking of doing and then doing a masters in forensics as that really interests me. However, its very hard to get a job in forensics.

I was also considering biomedicine, anatomy, chemistry and biology. But I really don't know what to do anymore. And I don't particularly want a job in a lab doing research.

I also really want to go to portsmouth uni as its fairly cheap to live there and I won't get much of a maintenance loan and my parents don't have much to help me.

Please if anyone has any advice for helping me choose I would appreciate it a lot.
Thank you
Wolfram Alpha
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just be like everyone else and do medicine already.
Clearly_blurry
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Many people end up doing something totally different as to what they study in uni. If you want to go to Portsmouth, go!

(Original post by Ella12344)
I still don't know what to study at uni and my personal statement first draft is due on tuesday.

I wanted to do pharmacy after I vitisted portsmouth uni open day but I have read so much online about how bad it is, does anyone have any advice about this?

My other options I am thinking about is midwifery, however I have no work experience to talk about for this. I have volunteered in a care home but I don't know if that is good enough plus midwifery is very competitive.

My other options are biochemistry which I was thinking of doing and then doing a masters in forensics as that really interests me. However, its very hard to get a job in forensics.

I was also considering biomedicine, anatomy, chemistry and biology. But I really don't know what to do anymore. And I don't particularly want a job in a lab doing research.

I also really want to go to portsmouth uni as its fairly cheap to live there and I won't get much of a maintenance loan and my parents don't have much to help me.

Please if anyone has any advice for helping me choose I would appreciate it a lot.
Thank you
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ella12344)

Thank you

If you know 100% thats where you wish to go then look at the uni website and work your way through all the possible courses ticking off the ones you arent interested in until you narrow it down.

Alternatively look at all possible careers and go back to pick the appropriate course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (24)
13.48%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.74%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
5.06%
I need help with my personal statement (75)
42.13%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (41)
23.03%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.69%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.87%

Watched Threads