The Student Room Group

Revision

I basically need to revise everything I did in year 9 so that year 10 is a fresh start. I failed to do that but can I do it in a month? So I have less work at the end or will everything naturally come back to me?
Subjects I do:
Science (3)
English lit
English lang
Maths
Re
French
Business
Health and social (finishing coursework only)
For science I suggest watching videos from freescienceslessons and primrose kitten on youtube, also freesciencelessons has a website with useful flash cards. Also since your now doing the new 9-1 GCSE your going to have to memorise the whole texts for english literature, I suggest researching key themes in the books your studying and the poems and add quotes to these themes and memorise them. This helps as exam boards can pick a theme for you to talk about and by grouping the quotes and themes together it will help a lot. Also start to look at things in great detail like the phonology,use of punctuation, sentence types and etc. For maths you should be doing past papers and although it is the new GCSE you will get used to the style of questions and what they want from you by repeatedly doing questions. All in all you should be reviewing your work weekly to solidify your learning and continue to test yourself by doing past paper questions for subjects like science and maths and etc. and for subjects like english, practice writing essays and get your teacher to mark them. all the best. :wink:
thanks so much! You have helped me so much! I just wanted to ask how you mean on memorizing my English literature texts.
I am currently doing
a Christmas carol
Romeo and Juliet (my most struggles)
Poetry anthology

My exam board is AQA

For Romeo and Juliet, I do not understand the plot or nothing at all and I am up to act 3, please may you give me support through this?
I'm glad I could be at your service :smile: When I did my GCSE english literature I did a christmas carol, inspector calls and Macbeth as well as the poetry anthology and my exam board was edexcel. Unfortunately I can't fully help you on Romeo and Juliet since I have not done it but you can use litcharts and shmoop which are really good websites that help you to understand texts. Also type into youtube Mr Bruff he has videos for Romeo and Juliet as well as for poetry anthology which are really good. For memorising texts, what I did was make a grid and section it out into summary of acts/chapters, themes, quotes and etc. Once making it I tried to fill it out without using any texts, since with the new 9-1 GCSE your not allowed them. I then checked over it and saw where I went wrong, after I made another grid and using the text I filled it in,I then stuck in on my wall and would often read it to help it soak up in my brain. I would also print out a plain grid and see how much i can fill in from memory. This will help you to group quotes to themes as well as acts/chapters. Hope this helps :wink: .
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by 321anonymous4321
I'm glad I could be at your service :smile: When I did my GCSE english literature I did a christmas carol, inspector calls and Macbeth as well as the poetry anthology and my exam board was edexcel. Unfortunately I can't fully help you on Romeo and Juliet since I have not done it but you can use litcharts and shmoop which are really good websites that help you to understand texts. Also type into youtube Mr Bruff he has videos for Romeo and Juliet as well as for poetry anthology which are really good. For memorising texts, what I did was make a grid and section it out into summary of acts/chapters, themes, quotes and etc. Once making it I tried to fill it out without using any texts, since with the new 9-1 GCSE your not allowed them. I then checked over it and saw where I went wrong, after I made another grid and using the text I filled it in,I then stuck in on my wall and would often read it to help it soak up in my brain. I would also print out a plain grid and see how much i can fill in from memory. This will help you to group quotes to themes as well as acts/chapters. Hope this helps :wink: .

Thank you so so much!

Quick Reply

Latest