Im terrified of dying, what can i do? Watch

Dustinp1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by ejjk1995)
i too am very afraid. during the day, i’m fine. i go about my daily activities and don’t think much about it. if i do think about it, i brush it off. but at night, when i’m all alone in my dark room, it’s all i can think about. something i think that makes my fears worse that i think is worth noting is our recent attachment to technology. for me, at least, this is the case.
we spend so much time now with our heads buried in electronic devices that we become one with them, and forget that we are real people outside of technology.
personally, i’m almost startled sometimes when i remember how fragile my life as a human is, it’s so bizarre to think that this isn’t a permanent state.
something that may work for you that sometimes works for me is to remind myself that we don’t actually know what happens after death, none of us have been there to see it so we just don’t know. try to tell yourself this over and over until it works. our fear could just be a fear of the unknown and in the end, it could be much better than what we expect it to be. as i said before with the rise of technology, we have almost become mere extensions of the devices we use. who knows how far technology will advance in the next few years that we literally do become wired to our devices.....forever.
i’m writing this because i currently am having very bad death anxiety, it’s 3am and i jolted awake once i remembered that my state of being is temporary. if you want to reach out to me privately, i would love to further help you.

(Original post by Xxwhytexx99)
I'm sorry but how on earth can you speak to a doctor about death ..... Death is completely normal there's nothing a doctor will do about it that's really stupid you saying that!!
I completely agree, I’ll be at home and just relaxing then it hits me. I’m going to die someday, might not be today or tommorow but someday I will die and it haunts over me about how I don’t talk about it and can’t talk about it but I will always think about how I’m not gonna be on this earth forever, I wish I could just forget about it but I don’t and nothing helps, I get depressed and think about dying but my fear of actually dying always stops me.
Mollie_theghost7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I am horrified, I try praying and talking to god, but I’m still scared, I should suggest watching videos about kids who went to heaven and back so u no u go to heaven and if u go to heaven then death is better than life:/
Melobond
Badges: 9
Report 4 months ago
honestly, anything in this world can kill you. There's nothing you can do about it, you just need to live your life because imagine being scared about dying for your whole life?? Might as well live while you're ALIVE!
Pebs84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Millions of people have gone before you....the earth is 4 billion years old.It's hard to call it home when it's not were just a by product of when 4 billions years ago a load rocks smashed together and made earth....We are nothing special we are here by chance.Any laughter or fun you have is caused by the dopamine levels in your brain telling you....we are a bunch of circumstantial beings living in a world no one can fathom.Ultimately enjoy whilst u can...cos once ya go e you are gone....u don't remember the 4,5 billion years before you and u wont remember the 4.5 after yoy
d_Smudge
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
mate.... i feel you. I have this huge anxiety and fear of it as well.... Something that might work is to focus on what you do now...and make this life count. interact with people< do new things. love. ... as humans we will never know or have an explanation for death. but we can live this life. we can make it count. its cliche but its true. YOLO... im religious.. and im still scared of it.. and its okay... people were scared of it since the dawn of mankind.. we are no different.... infact we might have it worse.... as people evolve we get a bigger knowledge about things... through all the years we got a lot of info.... but death always remained a unsolved riddle... so mate... well done. you are doing great because you can cope with it. it might not feel like it.. but you are doing well. if you read this far then ill tell you again that its okay... we are okay.... the most important thing to do now.. is to gather and cherish moments with the important people in our lives. remember to love unconditional and to smile. and fill your head with positive thoughts... to give you an idea.... i was gonna say that i feel the same etc... but i told myself that im gonna uplift this guy cuz i know it freaking sucks when you are in that rabbit hole. so mate... do good by others and do things that will benefit your
Last edited by d_Smudge; 1 month ago
Sjsjsjl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Easy solution to stop fear. As the white people say: You gotta face it.

Kill ur self
Tatsumi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I just want spend time with my freinds and loved ones with the time both them and me have left,I'm only 12 17 days until I'm 13
Tatsumi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm twelve nearly 13 I don't want me or my family to die
Tatsumi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sjsjsjl)
Easy solution to stop fear. As the white people say: You gotta face it.

Kill ur self
Why would you say the at you disgust me people come here with anxiety and depression you came here to terrorise
jassypants
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A fear of death is totally normal. There is so much we don't know- is there an afterlife? A heaven or hell? Is it just a void of nothingness? We have no clue and we fear the unknown. I used to be sort of apprehensive over death but now I don't mind. The reason I don't mind is because it is inevitable. It will happen, whether that is tomorrow or in 70 years we have no clue, but it will happen. I think fearing it is a waste of energy really, however a fear is a fear and it's not something a couple words will get you through. I'd try and talk to a counsellor or someone as they'd be able to give you actual strategies to work through it. Maybe trek through a cemetery, visit a deceased relative's grave and it might feel more real rather than this huge scary thing. When I'm stressed and want to feel grounded I always visit my grandad's grave and talk about anything. I think I'd also avoid the news for a bit if I were you. It's full of death. Anyway I hope you get through this
(Original post by Fmuecek)
I have a big fear of dying. I have always been scared since i was a child but i used to ignore it, pretend it didn't exist, i would change the lyrics in songs from "die" to cry and if people made comments about dying id say "dont say that" i'd just full on avoid it.
but in the last 2 weeks its been playing in my head, every single day. I think it started from reading the news and seeing stuff about death, just thinking about people dying and dying young, someone i knows boyfriend and brother died in an accident, another person i went to school with got stabbed and died, i read about a whole family dying in a horrific car crash on the motorway recently, there's terror attacks killing people, talk of war, stabbings happening almost daily where i live, health problems develop in people and so much more.. death is everywhere and i don't feel safe. I started to think that I'm not special, i could leave the house now and something bad could happen to me, you just never know and its terrifying, it's terrifying thinking i could be gone tomorrow. I dont know how to cope knowing that, its making me depressed like its constantly on my mind, I'm scared to leave my house or get in a car because i feel more safe here in my bed, i just spend my days in bed, sleeping a lot, I hardly have even eaten or had a shower. I don't want to die, not ever really but especially not young. I dont know what to do! I wish I didn't care but i do, i care so much. I have been googling, reading peoples stories and advice, trying to feel better about it all and i know that when it happens I won't really know but I'm still scared and even though it could happen now, it could also not, i could live till I'm old but i just dont know for sure and that's terrifying me. I really try to just accept it but it doesn't last long till I'm petrified again. I just dont know how to cope knowing what i know and i dont know how to be myself again, how can i be happy and care free every day and care about things like how my hair and make up looks, with the worry I'm going to die or something bad is going to happen. Its ****ed up, so ****ed up. I just dont know what to do :/
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tatsumi)
I'm twelve nearly 13 I don't want me or my family to die
Well all of you will. It is an inevitable fate for every living thing.
“Dread it, run from it. Destiny still arrives.”
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Ñima.sinha88
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I was very afraid of dying one day. I ruined 2 years
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.32%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.42%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (87)
19.16%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (183)
40.31%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.63%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.17%