The Student Room Group

Will I get an offer from a uni with lower predicted grades than entry requirements?

Hi
I just got my predicted grade and they were A (bio), A (chem), C(maths) which was also what I got at AS. I know I am capable of getting better grades than my prediction. I want to do chemistry at Warwick uni but they want a minimum of AAB. I was expecting my predictions to be a little higher :frown: What do I do?
Original post by TSlayerr
Hi
I just got my predicted grade and they were A (bio), A (chem), C(maths) which was also what I got at AS. I know I am capable of getting better grades than my prediction. I want to do chemistry at Warwick uni but they want a minimum of AAB. I was expecting my predictions to be a little higher :frown: What do I do?

You look at other courses and don't bother applying there. Warwick is extremely competitive, there will be hundreds of people applying for chemistry there who either meet or exceed the entry requirements. Try and talk to your head of sixth form about raising your prediction.
Hi

You could apply, it's at the universities discretion wether they'd accept you. It all depends on the rest of the applicants - potentially apply for universities asking for BBB-ABB then go through adjustment if you get higher? ☺️ still apply for Warwick uni though if your hearts set on it, or contact them about your situation.
I managed to get A*s in all of my subject I've mentioned at GCSE. Would that affect anything?
I managed to get A*s in all of my subject I've mentioned at GCSE. Would that affect anything?

Probably not
Hi

You need to speak to whoever predicts the grades! If you can't get them raised it'll probably be difficult to get into Warwick as many people applying there will exceed the entry requirements
At AS i got BBCC and my predictions for A2 were ABBB. Last year I applied for physics at warwick which requires A*AA and I got an offer. So I think it’s worth the chance applying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending