The Student Room Group

Cant decide which direction? Business, digital marketing or graphic design

Hello, I am currently studying with Arden Uni who in my opinion are terrible, so I am withdrawing from my business(marketing) degree. I am stuck with deciding whether to go for a business degree, Digital marketing or graphic design course.

Business degree- Core business skills, with some marketing modules. Leaves me open to a range of careers however I don't think I want to work in management and may find management and most business jobs personally unfulfilling.

Digital marketing- Most businesses both online and offline require digital marketing professionals and I feel this allows my creativity to flow and will be more fulfilling to me.

Graphic design- I am very creative and love branding and designing things, although I'm rubbish at drawing itself but good at designing with tools like canva.

A bit about me and my goals- I own my own small online physique coaching business that is currently in start up, I'm very passionate about this. My goal is to have a job where I can work from home, or anywhere in the world with an internet connection, I don't want to be bound to an area where I live, for work and want to create freedom. Whether this is in my own business or if that fails, working online in my chosen field. Which is why I feel digital marketing or graphic design would be useful. I, however, want a reasonably secure future and don't want to do a degree where I will struggle to find work. Not many Uni's offer digital marketing but Anglia Ruskin are offering it as a new degree, which I can do as a distance course starting in January, I feel this degree would set me apart and help me achieve my goals. I've been really stuck with which path to take and want to do something that is personally fulfilling, enjoy my job, achieve my goals and have job security, but I just can't decide which path to take. Any insights or help would be much appreciated as I'm really stuck with which path to take. I don't want a job which pays well but I hate and that is unfulfilling. I'm 25 and looking to make a big career step in the right direction.

Thanks Carl
Original post by superhayes
Hello, I am currently studying with Arden Uni who in my opinion are terrible, so I am withdrawing from my business(marketing) degree. I am stuck with deciding whether to go for a business degree, Digital marketing or graphic design course.

Business degree- Core business skills, with some marketing modules. Leaves me open to a range of careers however I don't think I want to work in management and may find management and most business jobs personally unfulfilling.

Digital marketing- Most businesses both online and offline require digital marketing professionals and I feel this allows my creativity to flow and will be more fulfilling to me.

Graphic design- I am very creative and love branding and designing things, although I'm rubbish at drawing itself but good at designing with tools like canva.

A bit about me and my goals- I own my own small online physique coaching business that is currently in start up, I'm very passionate about this. My goal is to have a job where I can work from home, or anywhere in the world with an internet connection, I don't want to be bound to an area where I live, for work and want to create freedom. Whether this is in my own business or if that fails, working online in my chosen field. Which is why I feel digital marketing or graphic design would be useful. I, however, want a reasonably secure future and don't want to do a degree where I will struggle to find work. Not many Uni's offer digital marketing but Anglia Ruskin are offering it as a new degree, which I can do as a distance course starting in January, I feel this degree would set me apart and help me achieve my goals. I've been really stuck with which path to take and want to do something that is personally fulfilling, enjoy my job, achieve my goals and have job security, but I just can't decide which path to take. Any insights or help would be much appreciated as I'm really stuck with which path to take. I don't want a job which pays well but I hate and that is unfulfilling. I'm 25 and looking to make a big career step in the right direction.

Thanks Carl

Hey Carl I am a Full time Graphic design. Feel free to ask me any questions you have about the industry and hopefully it will inform you more about what route to take x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending