bilal98
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey there, I know it's a bit late now to change university. I want to make sure if I could still change universities. Thanks
President Snow
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi there,

Can you please provide some more details about your particular situation so that we may be able to better assist you?

Which university and course have you been accepted onto? What was your offer & how did you get in? [Clearing/Adjustment/normal application]
Why are you suddenly having second thoughts & doubts about studying there? Have you been doubting for a while or is this a very last minute panic?
Do you regret the subject, or the university, or the course, or the accommodation, or something else?
Where else would you prefer to study and why?
Where do you currently live [i.e. is this your home city university or far away?]
How old are you & have you already taken a gap year? What were your A-Level grades?
Have you already arranged and/or paid for and/or signed a contract for accommodation?
Are you UK Home/EU/International Student?
How are you financing your time at university? [Self-Funding, Government Tuition Fee Loan, etc.]

I'll say this - I've been in a similar situation to you before. I realised I applied to & accepted completely the wrong university within week 1 year 1 of getting there. Out of fear of what else to do I didn't drop-out, and bitterly regretted every day I spent at that university from start to finish.

Please don't go to the wrong university. If you know, deep down, that this isn't the right course you'd be best off dropping out now, taking a gap year, and reapply to the right course next year.

If, however, this is just last minute nerves, or you're unlikely to be able to make a realistic application to your dream university, you may be best off staying put & seeing how things go.

Hope things work out for you.
-Anon 101
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Which university and course have you been accepted onto?
Biomed -Queen
What was your offer & how did you get in? [Clearing/Adjustment/normal application]
Offer -AAB got ABC. (B 2 marks off A)
Why are you suddenly having second thoughts & doubts about studying there? Have you been doubting for a while or is this a very last minute panic?
Hoped to get into Warwick -Not wanting to go to insurance.
Do you regret the subject, or the university, or the course, or the accommodation, or something else?
- Regret Uni- not to be arrogant feel i can apply to better Uni, was passionate about course but feel meh but do not want to reject offer with no concrete plans.
Im good at Biology but not particularly enthused by course.
Where else would you prefer to study and why?
Perhaps Law or History .Grounded in logic and Arguments . This is not for sure and not fully reserached plus low grades means entry into most top RG not feasible.
Where do you currently live [i.e. is this your home city university or far away?]
Live In Home City
How old are you & have you already taken a gap year? What were your A-Level grades?
18 - startign Uni in a week ABC
Have you already arranged and/or paid for and/or signed a contract for accommodation?
No
Are you UK Home/EU/International Student?
UK
How are you financing your time at university? [Self-Funding, Government Tuition Fee Loan, etc.]
Loan
bilal98
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey there, thanks for the lengthy response.

I'm currently at University of West London to study Cyber Security. I got offered by this university and I gave it a firm choice. I'll be starting next week. There's nothing wrong with the course, I just have doubts about the university. For example the societies and the overall system. I've been to Middlesex University last year and I must say it was a better university, however I dropped out after Christmas because of Personal reasons.

My thoughts were I could do 1 year at this university and then change it to a different university however staying on the same course and progressing into second year. I don't know if that would work.

Overall, the course isn't the problem for me, it's the University I have doubts for, It's too quick for me to judge because I haven't visited the university so far.

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.53%
I'm not sure (51)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.41%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.94%
I'm not a current university student (545)
48.57%

Watched Threads