The Student Room Group

If I fail my MFL in GCSE can I do them again?

I do German
Original post by LUVKNOWLEDGE
I do German

Yes if you pay for every exam, your school will only pay for the first time you do them.
Original post by Glassapple
Yes if you pay for every exam, your school will only pay for the first time you do them.

Thank you! Also, can I do it when ever I want?
Original post by LUVKNOWLEDGE
Thank you! Also, can I do it when ever I want?

You can only do the exams in the May/June of each year, but it doesn't matter what year you do them in if you're resitting.
Why would you fail?
Original post by that_guy874
Why would you fail?

I am really not good at German and prefer Spanish but its too late as I am in year 11 any tips for German?
Just study as hard as you can for it - but not too much.
But don't give up now otherwise you will fail.

Find cognates (words that sound the same in English) and pick them out if you're doing a listening or reading (sound the same when read aloud) exam, you don't have to understand everything they say, only select phrases and you should get the general gist of it.
For writing ask your teacher for mark schemes and what you need to do to get marks and practise doing that by asking for a topic from a teacher and then writing a piece on that and then giving it in to be marked. Then ask how you can improve it. Your teacher is your best friend this year.

Im going to be cheesy now and say that if you put the effort in, youll get the effort out and that the thread title should be "If I work hard in MFL what will I get from it?".

Quick Reply

Latest