The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Biochemistry with an AAB Prediction?

I'm looking at applying to Imperial College London for Biochemistry, however I am expecting an AAB or AAA A Level prediction (bio,maths,chem). I was wondering whether or not it's worth applying...
--
(edited 6 years ago)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
I'd say its worth applying. It will only be one of your 5 options and if the admissions tutor likes your personal statement they will give you an offer. However the offer would not be AAB so youd have to work hard to meet their offer.
I was predicted AAA, but I actually got AAB and I was still accepted on the Biological Sciences course. I know of people in Biochemistry who also missed their offers and were accepted.

I can't promise that you will be accepted with your predictions, but if it offers you any comfort they will accept people on results day with your predictions (and Biochemistry is one of the less popular options at Imperial so they are a little more flexible than other courses). Is it possible to get your B grade pushed up to an A? If not write a very good personal statement - remember, you're only predicted a B and there's no reason you can't get the A.

If you really want to go to Imperial and you don't mind having one slightly risky option then there is no harm in applying. The worst they will say is no, but at least you won't have to wonder what would have happened if you did apply.

Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 4
Thank you very much for your advise!! I think I will apply anyway and hope for the best 😊

Quick Reply