aiesha66
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi there
So I have picked A level sociology for my A level course which is for 2 years.People have told me to drop it as I have not done it for GCSEs and I would struggle with it. I'm really unsure, I had my first lesson today and I was sort of lost ;/ any help?
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Most people who take A-level Sociology won't have taken GCSE Sociology, so you should be fine in that respect. (exceptionally few schools offer it) If you're unsure about the content you've looked at so far, then you should review your textbook/notes, or confer with your teacher.
username3508100
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's no problem. I'm in the exact same position, except with psychology. What I did was read through the GCSE textbook but the course is basically unrelated, so you should be fine.
aiesha66
Rep:
?
(Original post by _gcx)
Most people who take A-level Sociology won't have taken GCSE Sociology, so you should be fine in that respect. (exceptionally few schools offer it) If you're unsure about the content you've looked at so far, then you should review your textbook/notes, or confer with your teacher.
yes thank you x
we didnt really do much content, they were talking about society and posh words all the kids who did gcse sociology and i was sort of ehhh ;/
aiesha66
Rep:
?
(Original post by chloerebecca1)
It's no problem. I'm in the exact same position, except with psychology. What I did was read through the GCSE textbook but the course is basically unrelated, so you should be fine.
thank you

what are your other options?
i was thinking of dropping english lang and lit for psychology
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not a problem. Most schools dont offer it a GCSE so its not expected. Its a great subject to do at A level - interesting, relevant to heaps of different careers, and will introduce to all sorts of ideas/concepts. Enjoy!

Btw, many/most Unis dont insist on A level Sociology to do Sociology at degree level either.
username3508100
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by aiesha66)
thank you

what are your other options?
i was thinking of dropping english lang and lit for psychology
Psychology is really good! My other options are History and French.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (152)
55.07%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (38)
13.77%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (31)
11.23%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.42%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.8%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.71%

Watched Threads