The Student Room Group

Help mee

So i have just started my A levels in a completely different school. My problem is that my physics teacher does not know English well!!! that makes it veery hard to understand what hes saying...Hes very clever and has a bachelors degree in physics but has no idea how to teach. today was our first lession and he didnt even introduce us to the specification. instead he tried recap the basic physics stuff we have learnt In year 9...HELPPPPP I really dont wanna drop physics...................................................................................... ALSO IM AIMNG FOR A*S...
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by SId1223
So i have just started my A levels in a completely different school. My problem is that my physics teacher does not know English well!!! that makes it veery hard to understand what hes saying...Hes very clever and has a bachelors degree in physics but has no idea how to teach. today was our first lession and he didnt even introduce us to the specification. instead he tried recap the basic physics stuff we have learnt In year 9...HELPPPPP I really dont wanna drop physics...................................................................................... ALSO IM AIMNG FOR A*S...

perhaps you might have to consider teaching yourself?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
perhaps you might have to consider teaching yourself?

Thanks a lot. I have also considered that as an option but I think that the concepts are too complicated for me to understand them on my own.
Original post by SId1223
Thanks a lot. I have also considered that as an option but I think that the concepts are too complicated for me to understand them on my own.

Are there any other teachers? Perhaps someone you know in the year above who can help
Reply 4
Original post by SId1223

I had this issue at gcses my chemistry teacher was very difficult to understand as a result none of us and we were accelerated top set could get more than a b in our tests. We all complained to the head of science and as a result the teacher was told to up there game as the school wanted to keep there ranking up. So we ended up with a different teacher our biology teacher ended up teaching both biology and chemistry . You just need to voice your concerns it's your education don't let this teacher ruin your enjoyment of physics.
James

Quick Reply

Latest