Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Do Atheists still exist...?
12ksmith
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dragon5555)
If we came from monkeys why are there still monkeys?

Hahaha you guys are so funny.
Look up evolution & speciation - this will answer it
username2400323
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
(Original post by 12ksmith)
Look up evolution & speciation - this will answer it
Sure, and you read the Quran in a language you understand and you might choose to believe that there is a creator (God/Allah).
12ksmith
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sure, and you read the Quran in a language you understand and you might choose to believe that there is a creator (God/Allah).
Maybe. But I'll still find the same issue with the Quran than I find with the bible. You asked for an atheist to answer your question so I gave you the information to find the answer. I cannot be bothered to fully explain evolution/ speciation when you can just look it up on the internet.
Kav101
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

i cant tell if this is a troll or not. but anyway, heres an analogy, if islam stems from muhammad preaching the same thing as jesus, moses, abraham and adam...then why do jews and christians still exist?
mariachi
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

the theory of evolution does not say that we descend from monkeys

you should study it : it's quite interesting and convincing

best
mariachi
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kav101)
i cant tell if this is a troll or not. but anyway, heres an analogy, if islam stems from muhammad preaching the same thing as jesus, moses, abraham and adam...then why do jews and christians still exist?
I descend from my parents: why do my parents still exist ?
that_guy874
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You could just as easily counter the question with 'If we came from God, why is there still God?'.

Your arrogance suggests that you've made this merely to have a reaction and not to stimulate conversation.
Kav101
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mariachi)
I descend from my parents: why do my parents still exist ?
Thats kinda my point. i mean there's little point in talking about evolution and speciation to someone who may not be willing to look into it in the first place so i tried to give an analogy which may make sense.

in this analogy the differing religions would be examples of speciation due to environmental factors. despite coming from what is considered the same source.

hence evolution.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago

People are still asking this question! Didn't you study evolution at school or sth.

So sad we live in the same 🌏 planet.
username2400323
Rep:
?
(Original post by that_guy874)
You could just as easily counter the question with 'If we came from God, why is there still God?'.

Your arrogance suggests that you've made this merely to have a reaction and not to stimulate conversation.
Nope the two are different.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
I am actually a native Arab (Yemen) and an ex Muslim. Maybe if you read Quran with UNDERSTANDING instead of just mumbling you'll also start to think why is it full of violence, nonsense stories and Alot of myths 🤔
Good luck
that_guy874
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by that_guy874)
Which is probably why you've changed the question to "Do Atheists still exist...?".
Anonymous #1
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am actually a native Arab (Yemen) and an ex Muslim. Maybe if you read Quran with UNDERSTANDING instead of just mumbling you'll also start to think why is it full of violence, nonsense stories and Alot of myths 🤔
Good luck
Repent your sins brother

“29. And say: ‘The truth is from your Lord.’ Then whosoever wills, let him believe; and whosoever wills, let him disbelieve. Verily, We have prepared for the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers), a Fire whose walls will be surrounding them (disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah). And if they ask for help (relief, water), they will be granted water like boiling oil, that will scald their faces. Terrible is the drink, and an evil Murtafaq (dwelling, resting place)!
30. Verily, as for those who believed and did righteous deeds, certainly We shall not make the reward of anyone who does his (righteous) deeds in the most perfect manner to be lost.
31. These! For them will be ‘Adn (Eden) Paradise (everlasting Gardens); wherein rivers flow underneath them; therein they will be adorned with bracelets of gold, and they will wear green garments of fine and thick silk. They will recline therein on raised thrones. How good is the reward, and what an excellent Murtafaq (dwelling, resting place)!”
that_guy874
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Repent your sins brother

“29. And say: ‘The truth is from your Lord.’ Then whosoever wills, let him believe; and whosoever wills, let him disbelieve. Verily, We have prepared for the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers), a Fire whose walls will be surrounding them (disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah). And if they ask for help (relief, water), they will be granted water like boiling oil, that will scald their faces. Terrible is the drink, and an evil Murtafaq (dwelling, resting place)!
30. Verily, as for those who believed and did righteous deeds, certainly We shall not make the reward of anyone who does his (righteous) deeds in the most perfect manner to be lost.
31. These! For them will be ‘Adn (Eden) Paradise (everlasting Gardens); wherein rivers flow underneath them; therein they will be adorned with bracelets of gold, and they will wear green garments of fine and thick silk. They will recline therein on raised thrones. How good is the reward, and what an excellent Murtafaq (dwelling, resting place)!”
And 29. just proves Anonymous #2's point.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
Repent your sins brother

I'm a female + I don't read Quran in English, in fact I don't read it anyways now.
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Poor troll attempt.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 years ago
I'm a female + I don't read Quran in English, in fact I don't read it anyways now.
Those willing to burn in hell fire are the most wicked out of them all don't you fear allah the one who created you .Repent sister surely God is most mercifull
that_guy874
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Those willing to burn in hell fire are the most wicked out of them all don't you fear allah the one who created you .Repent sister surely God is most mercifull
And so, at this point, what is the difference between you and ISIS Islamists, apart from the fact that ISIS are putting these views into fruition?
Pigster
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
they will wear green garments of fine and thick silk.
...fine and thick silk does sound rather appealing, but green is just soooo last year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (56)
29.17%
No - I have already returned home (24)
12.5%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (43)
22.4%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (18)
9.38%
No - I live at home during term anyway (51)
26.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed