The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Psychology 7182 - Paper 1, 2, 3, - 04, 08, 14 of June [Exam discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by dannydevil117
I thought it said cognitive explanation so was it alright just to put beck and ellis and evaluate?

I did the exact same thing then read the question again halfway through and just expanded my evaluation for rebt and cbt. :// I was nearly running out of time.
Original post by Lala~
I wrote use of matched pairs and inter rater reliability. ~WHAAAT did people write for the cognitive question, I used rebt and cbt for evaluation or was I meant to use it as my description.

I used it for description, I can't think what else you could write about treating depression for ao1?
Original post by GCShElpme
Asch could have been used for NSI! I did my whole thing on Asch without mentioning the variables (bc I ran out of time), and just evaluated Asch for my AO3.

wb zimbardo?
Reply 183
Original post by MeganMcAlister
For the ao1 you had to describe cbt and rebt and evaluate them for ao3
well rip there goes my marks for this paper, shouldve read the question right ://
Original post by soIiIoquy
wb zimbardo?

Yup, Zimbardo works! It was a really vague question.
Original post by Lala~
well rip there goes my marks for this paper, shouldve read the question right ://

No I get you, I made so many mistakes :frown: wrote about anxiety for the Aaron question and the question after it even tho it’s a variable affect ewt not forgetting fs
Original post by Lala~

I'm pretty sure you were meant to talk about CBT, beck and ellis and evaluate but idk
Reply 187
Original post by vita continuat
I used it for description, I can't think what else you could write about treating depression for ao1?
I lowkey changed my evaluation to description and just made a lot of repetition on identifying beliefs and hw ;( I panicked after knowing I read the question wrong. Idk what else to write, what did people write?
Original post by Hawkeye321
Hi mate!
I would send you my notes happily - but I’m at uni until 8th June and don’t have access till them till I’m home!

When do you need them buy? I can send them when I’m back if that helps

congrats on yur achievement! Would you mind sending me your forensic notes? if you don’t mind
Original post by Acetyl
What did everyone write for AO1 on the Social Influence 16 marker?

Also, what about improvements to the memory study?

I wrote about aschs line study and jennes jelly bean study for NSI and ISI as types of conformity.

For memory I wrote about age/culture bias
Original post by GCShElpme
Yup, Zimbardo works! It was a really vague question.

aren u sure?

i said how zonformity is shown because they conformed to their role as prisoner and guard
Reply 191
No I get you, I made so many mistakes :frown: wrote about anxiety for the Aaron question and the question after it even tho it’s a variable affect ewt not forgetting fs
well anxiety is linked to state dependent cues. The following question was just evil, I wrote about interference but how do you evaluate that?!!? :angry:

I'm pretty sure you were meant to talk about CBT, beck and ellis and evaluate but idk
but the question said treatment to depression, not explanation :frown: but trust me I hope you're right
could you talk about zimbardo?

zimbardo is conformity to social roles
Original post by scarlotta1134
zimbardo is conformity to social roles

so its wrong.

but it was such a vague question, you couldve talked abt anything
unofficial markscheme?
1. agentic state - when you lose sense of personal responsibility and see yourself carrying out wishes of another
2. the jenna question just define consistency, commitment and flexibility and relate it back so keep the same views of not wanting graded homework, accept that some students might like to know what they got and improve looking at grades
3. 16 marker i talked about isi but you can do nsi, i guess you can also fit zimbardo because social roles can make people conform

1. i wrote phonological loop - specifically articulatory and visuo spatio
2. improvements would be to change sampling technique and matched pairs to reduce individual differences but i didnt know what to match them on? use repeated measures also
3. strength of wmm i just talked about high scientific validity, brains scans, objectivity, reliability and how its testable idk i talked too much
4. cog interview - open questions, no interruptions then squeezed in about all the techniques
5. aaron i just talked about context dependent because he was in an unfamiliar situation and evaluated using godden and baddeleys on land/under water study

1. disinhibited and mental retardation or reactive attachment
2. cant remember
3. learning - 3 a01 about association and response, learning from environment - link to breastfeeding and how infant seeks to be near feeder for milk but cant do this with husband. then bowlby and the importance of the iwm which you link cause it said something about future development so i talked about continuity hypothesis and for a03, i used research to contradict by schaffer, lamb and to support hazan nd shaver

1. the graph.. pretty sure i missed out the points but it was okay? for some reason i drew a line of best fit and correlation i got 0.70?
2. cbt oh boy i wrote too much on disputing but added some social skills, positive self talk and evaluation, doesnt go to root cause, too time consuming, motivation etc.

for spearmans idk i just wrote its ordinal cause they used ranking and its atest of association
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Lala~
well anxiety is linked to state dependent cues. The following question was just evil, I wrote about interference but how do you evaluate that?!!? :angry:

but the question said treatment to depression, not explanation :frown: but trust me I hope you're right

Yeah seen more people saying it was CBT only so that's 16 marks gone and my A level gone

you can say anxiety as state-dependent forgetting but not in the context of ewt
Reply 197
Yeah seen more people saying it was CBT only so that's 16 marks gone and my A level gone

well atleast you're not the only one right lol
Original post by existingusername
I wrote delayed intellectual development and disinhibited attachment

what did you guys write for the effects ofinstitutionalisation for attachment?

Delinquecy and affectionless psychopathy is that right?
Original post by dfghjklkjhgfi
you can say anxiety as state-dependent forgetting but not in the context of ewt

I didn’t say explicitly it was state dependent forgetting though :frown: how many marks was that question worth?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending