How do you know if someone rejected your LinkedIn request? Watch

Tomm98
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I sent someone a LinkedIn request a fee days ago - I haven't had any response yet.

When I visited their profile again, it no longer said 'pending', nor did I have any option to connect again.

The only option available was to 'InMail' - do you think that I was rejected?
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Probably.

If they're under your connections then it means you got accepted.
Alan88
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tomm98)
I sent someone a LinkedIn request a fee days ago - I haven't had any response yet.

When I visited their profile again, it no longer said 'pending', nor did I have any option to connect again.

The only option available was to 'InMail' - do you think that I was rejected?
If you go to 'My Network', then where it says if you have any pending connections you can select 'Manage All'. Change it to invitations sent and if your request is no longer listed then they have declined it.

Hope this helps.
Tomm98
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Alan88)
If you go to 'My Network', then where it says if you have any pending connections you can select 'Manage All'. Change it to invitations sent and if your request is no longer listed then they have declined it.

Hope this helps.
Ah- their name is still there, and it gives me the option to withdraw it, so they mustn't have declined.

LinkedIn is quite a strange site to get you're head round when you're new to it!
Alan88
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tomm98)
Ah- their name is still there, and it gives me the option to withdraw it, so they mustn't have declined.

LinkedIn is quite a strange site to get you're head round when you're new to it!
Yep, it's still pending then.

I think LinkedIn is great, but it can be difficult to navigate. I never used it for years as I had no idea what I was doing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.97%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
27.12%
Not great so far... (219)
35.78%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.12%

Watched Threads