The Student Room Group

Anon_98's final a level journey

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Update for 15/10/2017

09:43 - So I've had to pay almost £20 for a taxi to take me to work bc there were no buses running. Great start to the day.

17:23 - Just got home, had a 6.5hr shift and it wasn't too bad but v tired. Three whole dogs came in today and it made my week. Best shift ever, one of them even ran to me.

18:35 - Had dinner, need to nap before i start stuff.

21:14 - I'm now awake but I'm still so tired.

23:44 - I accidentally fell asleep again so I think I should respect my exhaustion. I'll be more productive tomorrow. Goodbye.
Original post by Anon_98
Update for 15/10/2017

09:43 - So I've had to pay almost £20 for a taxi to take me to work bc there were no buses running. Great start to the day.

17:23 - Just got home, had a 6.5hr shift and it wasn't too bad but v tired. Three whole dogs came in today and it made my week. Best shift ever, one of them even ran to me.

18:35 - Had dinner, need to nap before i start stuff.

21:14 - I'm now awake but I'm still so tired.

23:44 - I accidentally fell asleep again so I think I should respect my exhaustion. I'll be more productive tomorrow. Goodbye.

:run: :heart: Hope you're more productive than me anon :emo:
much love <3 :jumphug:
Reply 62
Update for 16/10/2017

07:57 - Morning.

08:25 - Ok, just gonna get some breakfast then get to my desk.

09:47 - Improved and elaborated on 3 of my paragraphs, taking a break then I'll continue.

10:41 - Paras 4 and 5 have now also been improved. Going for my lunch.

17:51 - I basically had to do lots of important bits + bobs then I got distracted + my break essentially got escalated by 7 hours. I'll get back to it now.

18:47 - Paragraph 6 is now revamped.

18:50 - On 2700 words atm. Got lots more paras to improve on and stuff to add but that's all I want to work on today cause I'm tired of looking at the essay and I want to spend the rest of my night catching up with dragons den. I'll try harder tomorrow. Goodnight.
Original post by Anon_98
Update for 16/10/2017

07:57 - Morning.

08:25 - Ok, just gonna get some breakfast then get to my desk.

09:47 - Improved and elaborated on 3 of my paragraphs, taking a break then I'll continue.

10:41 - Paras 4 and 5 have now also been improved. Going for my lunch.

17:51 - I basically had to do lots of important bits + bobs then I got distracted + my break essentially got escalated by 7 hours. I'll get back to it now.

18:47 - Paragraph 6 is now revamped.

18:50 - On 2700 words atm. Got lots more paras to improve on and stuff to add but that's all I want to work on today cause I'm tired of looking at the essay and I want to spend the rest of my night catching up with dragons den. I'll try harder tomorrow. Goodnight.

I was actually productive today despite dying
Proud of both of us
Now u go enjoy that dragons den <3
Reply 64
17/10/2017

Morning. Woke up slightly later than I wanted but oh well.

Plans:

- Write annotations for visuals on project 1.
- Write contact sheet evaluation for project 1.
- Finish annotating Act 3.
Reply 65
Update for 17/10/2017

09:15 - ok, going to get ready + stuff then i'll start.

10:12 - I really love it when I'm expected to complete forms for a business that I don't even entirely understand within a day. I really love it that bc I didn't get round to doing it, it results in a super cute 45 minute argument. Really love it. Can I kill myself yet.

10:45 - Act 3 scene 3 is done.

11:13 - Act 3 scene 4 is done.

11:22 - Act 3 scene 5 is done.

11:36 - Act 3 scene 6 is done.

11:57 - Act 3 scene 7 is done which means the whole of act 3 is now fully analysed and annotated. Taking a short break.

13:00 - Finished my photography annotations for visuals, printed, and in my sketchbook. Time for lunch.

14:27 - My evaluation is now completed. Printed and also in my sketchbook.

14:28 - I've completed everything on my to-do list quite early, surprised actually.. which means the rest of the day is mine. Or not bc I need to spend the next whatever hours working through literally hundreds of pages of forms for my parent, obviously signed up for this via my written request for being born. Hopefully I'll get it all done before bedtime. Goodbye.
Reply 66
18/10/2017

I'm so warm and I don't want to leave the comfort of my bed.

Plans:

- Write annotations for 3 fineliner studies.
- Continue with re-draft of literature coursework.
Reply 67
Update for 18/10/2017

07:57 - I'll get to the bathroom soon.

20:58 - So I've literally done nothing today bar one annotation for Art bc I've been on facetime for like 8 hours now. I was meant to do work at the same time but it just didn't happen and so I'll probably not get anything else done. I'll roll over everything to tomorrow. Goodnight.
Reply 68
19/10/2017

Going to really try and be entirely focused today to make up for everything.

Plans:

- Finish annotations for fineliner studies. (from yesterday)
- Continue with re-draft of literature coursework. (from yesterday)
Reply 69
Update for 19/10/2017

07:56 - Morning.

11:56 - Oh dear, I accidentally fell asleep again so I've only just woken up. Annoying.

16:23 - Still can't believe I lied about being at work today so I wouldn't have to go out with my friends. When did I become this person. Literally chose to do cw instead which I now regret bc I'm feeling so blah. To be fair, the whole reason I didn't want to go was bc I was feeling too blah to begin with. But I regret it cause it has resulted in double blah.

19:19 - Ok so I've been working on my cw and it's been super slow + inefficient but have to stop now so I can get ready bc I have a driving lesson at 8pm. I'll continue when I get back.

21:18 - Back home. That was my first time driving at night and it was so difficult aha. I couldn't see the lines on the road properly and I couldn't see any other cars properly and the fireworks were distracting me and it was just hard. My instructor literally just rants to me about his life every single driving lesson, it's so annoying cause I can't concentrate. Then I get told off for doing things wrong and it's like: Well, you know, maybe, just maybe, there's like a chance I would've been totally fine if you weren't talking all the time bc I'm pretty sure that if you distract me, I will get distracted.

21:26 - I don't want to do any more work today bc I'm not producing much substance. I've been sat here trying to write this pretty much all day and I've not gotten v far. Disappointed in myself but I'm too tired. Until tomorrow.
:jumphug: really hope you're okay anon :s-smilie: you can do this :penguinhug:
can't reply to your PMs cus yeah, I am here though and listening. Hope you know that
Reply 71
Update for 20/10/2017

So I gave myself the whole day off today bc I have absolutely been losing my sense of reality lately ahahahahaha.

Spent the morning just trying to look after myself. Allowed myself a super extensive lie-in, took a really long shower and tried to have some proper breakfast.

In the afternoon, I went to watch a film with one of my friends which was a really scary experience. I despise scary films so much so I'm truly not sure how we ended up in the 'Happy death day' screening, honestly cannot recall or understand. Tbh, most of the duration of the film was spent screaming bc it was pretty terrifying, and crying bc it was all rather sad at more moments than I wanted or expected but despite the hysteria, it was surprisingly still enjoyable due to the strange sections of highly amusing horror.

Then in the evening I met up with my best friend which was perfect bc she's the love of my life and gives me strength. Travelled to her home first so we could get ready together then we went out for dinner which was really lovely bc I really needed a heart-heart chat. Then after that we went out for a drink and it was all great and exactly what I needed.

Yeah sex is cool but have you ever overwhelmed your friends with love, only for them to overwhelm you back until you're both trapped in this mutual cycle of endless love and appreciation.

I wanted to visit my best friend who's at uni this week but I didn't get round to it so he's coming to visit me tomorrow instead which should lighten everything up further and I am looking forward to just spending time in his presence.

Just got home and I'm going straight to bed. I really did not want to see anyone or leave my home today but I'm so glad I forced myself to. I also think the fresh air did me lots of good bc it was so nice and cold outside this evening. I need to take this as a lesson to remember that during holidays I can only go around 3 full days without my friends especially bc I'm usually feeling unwell and if I want my studying to be successful then I need to *consistently* incorporate leisure too, and that's entirely okay.

I'm now 100% ready to be as productive as I can for the weekend. - Even if I am going to be at work for most of it. Goodnight.
Reply 72
Update for 21/10/2017

18:40 - Finished work and I'm finally on the bus back now. Shift was good, exhausting though. 4 doggies today. One was a gigantic quality dog and I couldn't stop petting.

18:42 - I am pretty tired and cold but I need to get home, get changed, then meet up with my friend. Going to try and be quick bc he just arrived and I don't want to keep him waiting.

22:05 - Finally home. Catching up with him was super nice, like, seeing his face was fab beyond words but sad I had to leave so early bc I have work at like 10am tmrw. I'm beyond tired, I'm gonna get into my pjs then start some literature cw.

23:52 - So it's been going ok. Paras 7, 8, 9, 10, 12 and 13 are done. After much analysing, erasing and rephrasing finally hit the 3000 mark, on 3034 words aha. It's coming together and I've just got to do 1 more paragraph (para 11), my conclusion and a tiny bit more rephrasing + elaborating in places then this draft will be completed. Slightly worried I'm going to end up exceeding the limit. I'm going to have to finish it tomorrow bc I am so exhausted aha.

00:06 - I want to hand it in on Monday and hopefully she'll give it back to me by Wednesday so I can work on the masses of feedback that I'm bound to receive before Friday. Despite that inevitable annoyance, I'm fairly pleased with this.. at last. Goodnight.
Reply 73
22/10/2017

Last day of half term, where did the time go.

Plans:

- Finish literature cw.
- Finish annotations for fineliner studies. (from the other, other day)
- Write up critical responses for project 1.
- Create second prototype.
- Write up studio notes for project 3.
Original post by Anon_98
22/10/2017

Last day of half term, where did the time go.

Plans:

- Finish literature cw.
- Finish annotations for fineliner studies. (from the other, other day)
- Write up critical responses for project 1.
- Create second prototype.
- Write up studio notes for project 3.

Hey do you think i need to be revising during this half term even though exams aren't until 2018 and im in year 13 if that changes anything. Thanks!
Reply 75
Update for 22/10/2017

16:56 - Finished work. Only one dog today but it was a snowy white terrier and it was being pushed in a trolley which made up for the lack of quantity. So adorable I couldn't contain myself.

16:58 - Walking down the narrowest of country roads when it's freezing is not fun though.

18:21 - Just got home. Going to try make some dinner then get on with my tasks afterwards.

21:52 - I'm so tired hahahaha but it's finally done. Printed and in my bag, I'll hand it in tomorrow morning. Didn't do references but I can do them another time. I can't do anything else, I am too tired.

21:56 - Overall this week holiday has been nowhere near as productive as it should've been or as I would've liked. It went so fast and still have a lot of homework to complete. Feel fairly guilty for not taking full advantage of my time off but oh well, it's officially over. I'm going to stay behind after school tomorrow so I can hopefully get lots of stuff done. Goodbye for now.
Reply 76
23/10/2017

First day back was good. Before class I went to the english office and gave in my coursework, tutor confirmed that she'll give me feedback on wednesday so that's good. Had art in the morning and spent some of that time to complete my annotations. Then I had photography in the afternoon. Updated my tutor on my ideas, he gave me feedback and I feel quite pleased with how everything is going.

Booked a slot so I can do a shoot in the photography studio tomorrow, this project is quite an exciting theme and actually can't wait to explore it. Stayed behind for an hour after college and made a start on my studio notes, I'm about 1/3 way through and I'll continue with them this evening.

Just got home and I'm going to take a nap first bc I require one then I'll make a start.

Plans:

- Finish studio notes.
- Start writing critical responses.
Reply 77
Update for 23/10/2017

20:17 - I've woken up and oh my that was satisfying. Bit long tho. Time for dinner.

22:35 - Super cute when I'm minding my own business and my mind tries to kill me.

00:00 - Completed my studio notes, applied into my sketchbook. Pretty pleased with it.

00:32 - Made a start on the critique but I'll continue with it tomorrow bc it's time for me to go to sleep. Goodnight.
Reply 78
24/10/2017

Did my shoot today and it was so much fun. Incredibly happy with my set of photographs. School was short, finished at midday. Home now so I'm going to make some lunch then do some work.

Plans:

- Start essay on KL for literature.
- Finish writing critical responses for photography.
Reply 79
Update for 24/10/2017

18:02 - My lunch break ended up being really long.. I can't concentrate very well atm + feel overwhelmed so I'm going to sleep.

18:03 - Home is where the existential dread is.

19:25- So I was feeling really bad earlier and so I texted my friend to ask if she'd come to France with me during Christmas. She has replied saying yes and I now feel much better. When am I going to stop using travelling as a coping mechanism.

19:51 - I can't book it until I check that work will let me have time off.. Might just do it anyway and hope for the best. Should probably check with my parent too but I most likely won't. Cannot wait now though.

19:52 - Taking the rest of the day off bc nope. Goodbye.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending