SaSa2002
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Can someone help on my essay The question is Stevenson Presents Jekyll in a way that allows the audience to feel sympathy for him? How far do you agree? I know this was the question for 2016/2017 GCSE paper for the ex-yr 11 but I need it because I'm practicing for my GCSE which is 2017/2018
ahaq13
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i would plan my essay by deciding which argument to take the side of. in this case, i would completely disagree with the statement. then, i would explain why i disagree. i came up with 3 points:clearly, stevenson wrote the novel to show repression and reputation in the victorian society. during queen victorias reign, moderation and sexual restraint were key in society.as well as this, the main focus of the audience should be on realigning their judgement on who they should respectjekyll made hyde so he could completely seperate his good and bad sides. his intention was to free his bad side without having to suffer any consequences like ruining his reputation as a well respected doctor. it was his fault that he couldnt control it and therefore the reader should not feel any sympathy towards hyde
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
14.9%
I'm not sure (16)
3.61%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (148)
33.41%
I have already dropped out (8)
1.81%
I'm not a current university student (205)
46.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise