Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've had enough, why do people put up with obviously false irrational beliefs?

Haven't they taken a look at what science can offer? Haven't they seen the vastness of the universe, the insignificance of the human race?

How can they believe in a benevolent god who lets so much suffering happen everyday? So much mindless disease and decay?

Surely Darwin's theory of evolution should have done away with religion almost 150 years ago?

Why don't people just open their eyes?

ReputationRep:
    Do you believe in right and wrong?

ReputationRep:
    Religion...sickens me.

This is remarkably targeted for something that appears to apply to all religions equally.

ReputationRep:
    you have to be accepting of other peoples views but you dont have to agree with the. if you opress them then you are also a fault. i think there irrationality is stupid but then, because i dont have their faith, i cant put myself in their shoes.
    also, the way you have singled out chrisitianity as the sole religion is wrong. surely all theistic religions are at fault

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt54)
    you have to be accepting of other peoples views but you dont have to agree with the. if you opress them then you are also a fault. i think there irrationality is stupid but then, because i dont have their faith, i cant put myself in their shoes.
    also, the way you have singled out chrisitianity as the sole religion is wrong. surely all theistic religions are at fault
    Ditto to this. I'm atheist, but I wouldn't say that Christianity, or any other religion, 'sickens' me.
    No, I'm not religious, but why be bothered if other people are?
    I'll never understand the blind faith of religion; but you can see in the religion-based threads on here that religious people have very strong faith, and no, I'll never know why, but the fact that it exists is clear and it doesn't affect me.
    The only time I oppose religion is when people attempt to convert others...the number of times I've been told, or read, that I need 'saving' is ridiculous. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    Ditto to this. I'm atheist, but I wouldn't say that Christianity, or any other religion, 'sickens' me.
    No, I'm not religious, but why be bothered if other people are?
    I'll never understand the blind faith of religion; but you can see in the religion-based threads on here that religious people have very strong faith, and no, I'll never know why, but the fact that it exists is clear and it doesn't affect me.
    The only time I oppose religion is when people attempt to convert others...the number of times I've been told, or read, that I need 'saving' is ridiculous. :p:

Makes Perfect Sense. Anything you don't understand about that OP!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by only nihilism)
    Do you believe in right and wrong?
    well, the sort of right and wrong that exists in a society independent of religion, the sort of right and wrong that furthers the existence of our species and our genes.

ReputationRep:
    have you even looked into christianity? or are your beliefs based on what you have been taught, both in school and the media?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Religion...sickens me.

This is remarkably targeted for something that appears to apply to all religions equally.
    I live in a society that is largely christian and the people i speak to and debate with are christian. For the record the other religions sicken me just as much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt54)
    You don't have to be accepting of other peoples views when they are irrational. They just denounce these people as psychotic.

Yes, i agree, but from my personal experience the people around me are christians, and it is the most dominant religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by England Captain)
    I live in a society that is largely christian and the people i speak to and debate with are christian. For the record the other religions sicken me just as much
    Where do you live?
    I've had enough, why do people put up with obviously false irrational beliefs?
    Yeh, they're obviously idiots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dani2511)
    have you even looked into christianity? or are your beliefs based on what you have been taught, both in school and the media?
    I have recently read the gospel and other books of the bible. I attended church for a good 7 years, also i have read more modern works, such as Kierkegaard and the popes new book.

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to be accepting of other peoples views when they are irrational. They just denounce these people as psychotic.

Yes, i agree, but from my personal experience the people around me are christians, and it is the most dominant religion.

i dont accept your views theyre irrational and just plain stupid. heard of these people called creationists? theyre the few people that take the bible for how it is written. half the scientists around are christian because of the way you can interpret the bible. it does not contradict evolution if you have the sense to read it. i dont have much faith in the bible, but i dont deny it, and being a geologist ive seen the stuff that youre viewing as the "rational" idea.

ReputationRep:
    Why is this only directed at Christianity? Are the other religions protected and we mustn't speak ill of them? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Because Christianity's the most irrational, innit. Science has proved it!!!!111

ReputationRep:
    Which gospel? And I can honestly tell you even as a Christian myself, I havn't read the whole bible so i don't think i will believe you if you say you have.

also, which church denomination did you attend for this 7 years?

and... the pope has a book??! lol...

ReputationRep:
    People hold on to their religion to give them a hope that life isn't as meaningless as it really is. That they have some control. let them

you sound just as convinced that there is no higher power which you have absolutly no proof of so you cannot attack someone for believing in something with no proof.

i'm atheist. i believe life is meaningless but still plan to make the best of it with out interferring with anyone elses meaningless life

ReputationRep:
    your just shutting something down which you have no understanding of. Have you asked people you know who are christians why they actually are christians?? I'm a christian but I would never go up to an atheist and say 'you make me sick' lol

ReputationRep:
    well, the sort of right and wrong that exists in a society independent of religion, the sort of right and wrong that furthers the existence of our species and our genes.
    How about we murder all handicapped people. Is that a moral act, considering it furthers the evolution of our species and genes?

It appears you've just replaced Christianity with your own oddly ethno-fascist beliefs.

ReputationRep:
    How can they belief in a benevolent god who lets so much suffering happen everyday? So much mindless disease and decay?
    Roffle!1 :rolleyes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2008

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.