Can the admin of my school gmail account see what I have browsed?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
IHateAnxietyy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Can the admin of my school account still see what I have browsed even though my web activity was paused during the time of my searching? (When web activity is paused it shouldnt be recording anything) It says there is no activity to see, however I am concerned the school admin has some type of 'supieror' account that lets them see whatever I have browsed even though web activity was not enabled.
Note: I was not on the schools network. Neither using a school device.
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by IHateAnxietyy)
Can the admin of my school account still see what I have browsed even though my web activity was paused during the time of my searching? (When web activity is paused it shouldnt be recording anything) It says there is no activity to see, however I am concerned the school admin has some type of 'supieror' account that lets them see whatever I have browsed even though web activity was not enabled.
Note: I was not on the schools network. Neither using a school device.
Why didn't you just logout of your account? :lol: If it says "paused" then in theory the admin should not be able to see it.

Just tagging AngryJellyfish to get this moved to the Tech forum.
IHateAnxietyy
Rep:
?
(Original post by RoyalSheepy)
Why didn't you just logout of your account? :lol: If it says "paused" then in theory the admin should not be able to see it.

Just tagging AngryJellyfish to get this moved to the Tech forum.
I only realised i was logged onto my aschool account afterwards. ):
paulbarlow
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
whoes been look at a dodgy site. if your on why should it nor show.
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I only realised i was logged onto my aschool account afterwards. ):
Ah fair enough. Usually the school admins/technicians won't even check school e-mail account history.
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Administrators on one website, such as your G Suite administrator cannot see your browsing history. If they could it would be a serious security issue Internet-wide.

If you are on your school's wifi network they can see what you're browsing because all the requests go through their server.
IHateAnxietyy
Rep:
?
(Original post by RoyalSheepy)
Ah fair enough. Usually the school admins/technicians won't even check school e-mail account history.
However the ablility is there. I just want to make sure if they do end up checking, there is no evidence or traces. I'm sorry, I only become at ease once im fully sure there is no chance of me getting caught.
IHateAnxietyy
Rep:
?
(Original post by paulbarlow)
whoes been look at a dodgy site. if your on why should it nor show.
Sorry didnt catch that.
IHateAnxietyy
Rep:
?
(Original post by HoldThisL)
Administrators on one website, such as your G Suite administrator cannot see your browsing history. If they could it would be a serious security issue Internet-wide.

If you are on your school's wifi network they can see what you're browsing because all the requests go through their server.
If somehow the admin does have access to my account, what can I do to make sure there is no traces of evidence?
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If somehow the admin does have access to my account, what can I do to make sure there is no traces of evidence?
Do you mean, if the school administrator has access to your Google account, what can you do to make sure there is no evidence of your search history?

If that's what you meant, there will be no evidence of your search history because your school cannot log your search history unless you were using a school computer.
IHateAnxietyy
Rep:
?
(Original post by HoldThisL)
Do you mean, if the school administrator has access to your Google account, what can you do to make sure there is no evidence of your search history?

If that's what you meant, there will be no evidence of your search history because your school cannot log your search history unless you were using a school computer.
Yes thats what i meant sorry! And thank u so much for answering my concerns! <3
Joe1000000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AlexanderBW)
It says my school google account history is paused, does that mean there is no trace of evidence because I have been watching some rood tik toks on google
"Is there no trace of evidence"
There's evidence everywhere, does anyone care? No.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (55)
22.73%
Excited but a bit nervous (110)
45.45%
Not bothered either way (32)
13.22%
I'm really nervous (45)
18.6%

Watched Threads