I have a problem, please read this... Watch

JarJar2x4
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey. During freshers week, I want to go to this Harry Potter Studio Tiur trip at De montfort university, but I am not sure if I will know anyone there. I want to go, but I don't want to feel like an outcast. What shall I do?
HowToBeABlobfish
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JarJar2x4)
Hey. During freshers week, I want to go to this Harry Potter Studio Tiur trip at De montfort university, but I am not sure if I will know anyone there. I want to go, but I don't want to feel like an outcast. What shall I do?
If you want to go, go. It doesn't really matter if you know anyone does it?
JarJar2x4
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheEyeOfBaradDur)
If you want to go, go. It doesn't really matter if you know anyone does it?
I guess so. But I bet most people going will be in their groups of friends and I will be the only on left out.
sahjahn
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
During freshers week virtually nobody knows anyone. Just go. You might actually start meeting some people who have the same interests after all.
username3433134
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Other people going will surely have an interest in the tour and Harry Potter so I'm sure there will be lots of conversation to get involved in/spark regardless of whether you know anyone there or not! Don't miss out on the opportunity to do something you want to do because you're worried about not knowing anyone. I've done the same thing a few times and so regret it.
HowToBeABlobfish
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I guess so. But I bet most people going will be in their groups of friends and I will be the only on left out.
Oh, I guess.
Drostina
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You don't need to know anyone from there, just go and meet new people. Remember the people who will be attending this event, share the same interest with you. So try and break the ice and speak to them! You might make good friends
JarJar2x4
Rep:
?
(Original post by PerhapsPhysio)
Other people going will surely have an interest in the tour and Harry Potter so I'm sure there will be lots of conversation to get involved in/spark regardless of whether you know anyone there or not! Don't miss out on the opportunity to do something you want to do because you're worried about not knowing anyone. I've done the same thing a few times and so regret it.
OK then. Thanks for the advice.
HowToBeABlobfish
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Harry Potter is amazing, so have fun!!
JarJar2x4
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheEyeOfBaradDur)
Harry Potter is amazing, so have fun!!
Trust me, I wanna go, but I am nervous as I won't know anyone going.
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That's the whole point of these events. They do them so that people with similar interests can meet each other - and if you really have nothing to talk about, you can just discuss the attraction or what you're having for lunch
JarJar2x4
Rep:
?
(Original post by sahjahn)
During freshers week virtually nobody knows anyone. Just go. You might actually start meeting some people who have the same interests after all.
Ok then. i will think about it. It's just a bit nerve racking not knowing anyone. It makes me a bit depressed sometimes.
JarJar2x4
Rep:
?
(Original post by Juno)
That's the whole point of these events. They do them so that people with similar interests can meet each other - and if you really have nothing to talk about, you can just discuss the attraction or what you're having for lunch
True. You do have a point. I guess that's why they call it freshers. A fresh start.
AnnieGakusei
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There may be a Harry Potter society, you might be able to find them on Facebook and send their page a message?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (13)
5.58%
No (220)
94.42%

Watched Threads