username3460126
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I want to study Medicine at Cambridge and i just started year 10 so can anyone recommend any good triple science books??? We're doing aqa science btw.
Thank You xxx
flaurie
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by A.N123)
I want to study Medicine at Cambridge and i just started year 10 so can anyone recommend any good triple science books??? We're doing aqa science btw.
Thank You xxx
Hi, thanks for the follow btw , our school gave us the CGP Chemistry, Biology and Physics books - and a separate workbook for each. Maybe your school could do something similar?
username3460126
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by laurawatt)
Hi, thanks for the follow btw , our school gave us the CGP Chemistry, Biology and Physics books - and a separate workbook for each. Maybe your school could do something similar?
Heyy, np for the follow im also in yr10 and read your thread and it seemed very interesting! but i was too tired to reply to anything lol. Thank You for the book recommendations Xxxxx
username3542704
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank You xxx
CGP books are okay but sometimes its the lack of questions and lack of detail the book sometimes have. In the aqa specification it says " students must describe what happens when any of the first four alcohols react with sodium, burn in air, are added to water, react with an oxidising agent.
If you look at the cgp book just for this there is not enough detail for it.
I prefer the aqa biology third edition text book(oxford) as it has everything you need, goes into a lot of detail, questions on every single sub topic, summary questions for each topic and past paper questions for each topic.
The downfall is that it is £20 for each science.
username3460126
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Chocolate...s)
CGP books are okay but sometimes its the lack of questions and lack of detail the book sometimes have. In the aqa specification it says " students must describe what happens when any of the first four alcohols react with sodium, burn in air, are added to water, react with an oxidising agent.
If you look at the cgp book just for this there is not enough detail for it.
I prefer the aqa biology third edition text book(oxford) as it has everything you need, goes into a lot of detail, questions on every single sub topic, summary questions for each topic and past paper questions for each topic.
The downfall is that it is £20 for each science.
Thanks! My school uses something similar from the Aqa website itself and it’s very good with summary questions and detail. One of the books is called aqa biology triology
zp215
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank You xxx
the AQA CGP books are amazing !
username3251038
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
just buy the CGP books gcses aren't even really that hard
username3320302
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
MATE i got you buy the CGP science student books costly,yes.
But worth it,yes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (7)
4.96%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (24)
17.02%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.02%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (20)
14.18%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (41)
29.08%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (25)
17.73%

Watched Threads