The Student Room Group

Can I resit an AS and still apply for medicine if it's within the 2 year time period

HiI didn't do well in my Biology AS level and therefore want to resit the modules. I would have to resit all the modules and effectively retake the AS but I would not be retaking the year. I would be sitting the AS while studying for the A level and it would therefore still be in the 2 year time period. I don't know if I can still apply for medicine with this. Can anybody help?
Reply 1
Original post by Maybe med?
HiI didn't do well in my Biology AS level and therefore want to resit the modules. I would have to resit all the modules and effectively retake the AS but I would not be retaking the year. I would be sitting the AS while studying for the A level and it would therefore still be in the 2 year time period. I don't know if I can still apply for medicine with this. Can anybody help?

Yes you can. I believe some medical schools won't accept your application, but there are plenty that will.

https://www.themedicportal.com/medical-school-a-level-resit-policies/
This is up to date for 2017 entry so I'd have a look at the websites to double-check.
Reply 2
Original post by ax12
Yes you can. I believe some medical schools won't accept your application, but there are plenty that will.

https://www.themedicportal.com/medical-school-a-level-resit-policies/
This is up to date for 2017 entry so I'd have a look at the websites to double-check.

thank you. this was very helpful
Reply 3

Aren't you doing the new reformed A level qualifications?
Reply 4

all schools doing medicine accept this

If your course is linear it's pointless as your AS grades have no bearing on your A Level grade and don't count towards it. So if it was new spec don't bother.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending