The Student Room Group

TFL 18+ Student Oyster Travel Card - Im confused

I'm starting university soon (Goldsmiths) and I'm planning to use a Zone 1-2 weekly travelcard to get to and from the university. However, I was wondering if I could also use this travel card on all TFL buses in London, as my workplace is in Zone 6 and it's easier getting there by bus than rail, plus the Zone 1-6 travelcard is expensive.

Thanks
Reply 1
Hi,Yes the travel card includes all tfl buses :smile:

*also if you have a 16-25 railcard that can be used with your 18+ card for an extra discount
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by LateshaL

*also if you have a 16-25 railcard that can be used with your 18+ card for an extra discount

First of all thanks for the quick response, and thank you for helping me get to know/resolve this travelcard confusion im having, and informing me about the 16-25 travelcard.
Reply 3
Original post by LateshaL

Can you apply for the 18+ student card before you actually enter uni? I have 12 days left till I start.
Original post by Aeo98
Can you apply for the 18+ student card before you actually enter uni? I have 12 days left till I start.

I applied on the 1st Sept because I didn't want to leave it to the last minute and when I checked the application status it said my application was waiting for my university to confirm I'm a student, so I rang up my uni and they said it would be confirmed once I enrol which is a piss take because my enrollment is a few days before my 16+ expires and I'm not sure my 18+ would arrive in time, but oh well!
Reply 5
Original post by asamedkaradal
I applied on the 1st Sept because I didn't want to leave it to the last minute and when I checked the application status it said my application was waiting for my university to confirm I'm a student, so I rang up my uni and they said it would be confirmed once I enrol which is a piss take because my enrollment is a few days before my 16+ expires and I'm not sure my 18+ would arrive in time, but oh well!

My enrollment is after my 16+ expires so I'm screwed.
Original post by Aeo98
My enrollment is after my 16+ expires so I'm screwed.

damn that really sucks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending