Will I miss much if I don't attend freshers week

Watch
1secondsofvamps
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Freshers week events actually starts tomorrow and I feel like I'll be missing out on a lot. As I'm going to a local uni and living at home, I don't think my parents would be happy with the idea of me going out late in the evening then coming back home at like 2am.

I've downloaded the Campus Society app and the people on there from my uni are already making friends/having parties.

Tbh I'm kinda just worried about not having much of a social life since my parents will expect me to either go straight home or go to work after lectures.
username3162850
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
Freshers week events actually starts tomorrow and I feel like I'll be missing out on a lot. As I'm going to a local uni and living at home, I don't think my parents would be happy with the idea of me going out late in the evening then coming back home at like 2am.

I've downloaded the Campus Society app and the people on there from my uni are already making friends/having parties.

Tbh I'm kinda just worried about not having much of a social life since my parents will expect me to either go straight home or go to work after lectures.
Hey,

I wouldn't worry too much ... I met most of my friends in lectures/seminars during the first few weeks of Uni so I'm sure you will be fine. Once you've made some friends you could arrange to go out with them after Freshers. And yeah as the other poster said... the parties go on all year.

Hope this helps.
sj10
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No, there's loads of opportunities to meet new people over your whole uni experience! It's not down to one week in first year!
lemxn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes you will. Freshers week is fun and your parents should allow you to have fun or you should have just moved into halls.

You will still make lots of friends of course but freshers week is a lot of fun to miss out on!
H-Bomb1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Everyone goes out with their house mates on freshers week so not sure how you could even if you wanted to
MeowCat21
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you ask around someone might let you stay with them after the parties Just don't get ridiculously drunk, be sick or act rude if they do as they are doing you a big favour and could just as easily kick you out!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (357)
84%
No (68)
16%

Watched Threads