The Student Room Group

Applying for a College/Sixth Form (A-Levels)

I've just started year 11 and apparently you need to apply for colleges and sixth forms before my GCSE. Is this true? i'm planning on going to a decent college with pretty reasonable requirements (B or above), I've only decided to start revise properly this year which means my grades from year 10 were pretty bad.

Do colleges look at my predicted grades? Or my actual mock exam grades?

I'm pretty confident that I will get good grades since ive started revising now for gcse, but im just ******** it because I'm scared colleges aren't going to accept me because of my predicted and current grades.
Original post by KennyK241
I've just started year 11 and apparently you need to apply for colleges and sixth forms before my GCSE. Is this true? i'm planning on going to a decent college with pretty reasonable requirements (B or above), I've only decided to start revise properly this year which means my grades from year 10 were pretty bad.

Do colleges look at my predicted grades? Or my actual mock exam grades?

I'm pretty confident that I will get good grades since ive started revising now for gcse, but im just ******** it because I'm scared colleges aren't going to accept me because of my predicted and current grades.

Colleges have their own recruitment policies. You need to start doing some research and id the ones you wish to apply to. 5-10 imo. Look on their websites as to when the applications go in and what they look for. I'd have thought they would look at all aspects of your application, but predicted would play more weight as in the end they will only offer a place on what you actually get in exams. If its a competitive college then they will compare you to other candidates and their prospects as well. This is why you need to do research.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending